Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Deal this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
If anyone is interested Lastminute.com have the Eurostar direct service this Friday returning Saturday night for £114...... Why not spend Saturday on the slopes of Les Arc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@chrisrawles, where? Can't find it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chop,chop!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't find it either! Not that I'm going again as I'm still recovering from doing it last weekend.. but my husband got a bit jealous I think and might well want to.

It's a lot easier to find in December/January time as they advertise it a bit better then. Really can't find it now if it is there at all. Regular prices direct with Eurostar remain over £200/return.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yes it's there. Select eurostar and modify the dates and times and set destination to BSM and it is indeed £114.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sorry guys only just seen you were all waiting!! Hope you found them Ok
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for pointing this out @chrisrawles, and thanks for the excellent trip report @sparklies, I enjoyed the trip report so much, I've just booked the exact same trip for this weekend with my son! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One day I will do this day trip!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@M535man, Excellent! Let us know how it goes - if you get even half as good weather as we did, it'll be amazing!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ahh, I just realised the issue. It's very subtle - make sure you have "evening" selected as it defaults to "morning" and you have to open up the further options to see it.

So there's still availability according to Lastminute, but they said that when I tried to book mine and there wasn't so don't bet your life on it until you've completed the whole transaction!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes, not impressed with lastminute.com website or customer services. They got some rather direct feedback from me today.
However, we got there in the end, eventually paying £145 each for the train, but still a bargain in my opinion!

Quick question re ski hire @sparklies, did you book online in advance or just turn up and choose skis on the day?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ha, yep - sounds like they have indeed sold out at the £114 price. Typical of Lastminute - false deals as usual. I'm amazed they've not been busted before it actually. Still a bargain though as you say! I wasted at least two hours of my life (not to mention the phone charges) with them when I booked.

I prebooked at the Polaire Star and they suggested a bunch based on the "class" when I got there. If I was doing it again I'd probably hire from somewhere up in Arc 1600 because hanging around until the funicular opens can be very tedious even though there is a coffee shop style thing next to it. Trouble is I'd already had a coffee and a pain au chocolat that morning, and didn't fancy yet another one! I believe some of the ski hire places in 1600 will do lockers but you'd probably have to ask somebody with local knowledge. You'd be ready for first lifts though, instead of hanging around waiting for the next funicular which goes at 8.40 so you'll probably miss it (next one not until 9am) plus the journey time. Also it's more interesting looking at a mountain than a car park for an hour and there could well be more places to sit in 1600 (we couldn't find anywhere at the bottom!)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Found it eventually. Try and do the same thing for the next weekend and its over £300 squids!!!! Soooooo tempted but I know I shouldn't. Still might tho' ...................
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done it - booked. Sweet. I wasn't going to but the gf talked me into it - she's swanning around in Japan at present. If anyone else is going to be on the Eurostar and wants to try and get discounted ski passes when we arrive, shout out - I've got some e-vouchers from Nirvanalps (never tried this before but it sounds as though it will work) If it does, you can buy me breakfast and possibly a beer later on!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The SamediJeSki site worked well for us at 28 euros for the Saturday.

Have fun!!
snow report
... or you can try that. I'm there for the week so it doesn't work for me. Very Happy
snow report
Yeah, that's more of a DimancheAVendrediJeNePasSki situation for you if you used that! wink
latest report
@RattytheSnowRat, when are you going?
snow report
@RattytheSnowRat, don't forget: 8 max tickets, one credit card transaction - you can't sub every snowhead on the planet!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy