Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Email contact for somebody high enough in Easyjet to sort things out?

Poster: A snowHead
As the title says really. I'm being given the run around by Easyjet customer services so looking for a contact with enough clout to talk sense.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@paulh, what's the problem?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to the top

Carolyn.mccall@easyjet.com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stelios@sleazyjet.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Stelios@sleazyjet.com

Haha Very Happy That is funny!
But I don't think Stelios is in the hot seat any more.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

@paulh, what's the problem?

Without boring everybody too much, EJ refused to carry my Snowpulse canister because I had not informed them prior. I do however have two previous emails saying that pre-notification is no longer necessary. Canister sat with GVA airport police, looking to EJ to sort it out.

Note put on 'flying with airbag' topic re. do not take any notice of communication from EJ saying don't bother to pre-notify.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paulh, I am driving into GVA tomorrow and driving home to the UK sometime around mid April. Would it be any help if I pick it up?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

@paulh, I am driving into GVA tomorrow and driving home to the UK sometime around mid April. Would it be any help if I pick it up?

Thank you for the offer. I have various chums passing through GVA soon and I'm back in a couple of weeks so there are other options without hoovering up other peoples time but your offer is much appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@paulh, hmmm! Well, definitely sounds like their problem!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@paulh, you're at nothing. Those things need to be pre notified as per IATA rules. The problem was misleading incorrect emails you received.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@peanuthead, IATA rules are guidelines, airlines make their own rules.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just out of interest here's an email regarding one of my flights when I did email them prior.

'Dear Paul

Thank you for contacting easyJet.

We do not need to know in advance if you are carrying an Avalanche Airbag Rucksack. However, I have made a note on your booking.

I can see I sent you an email in February regarding this item.

So just a quick reminder, you can carry one per passenger, equipped with a pyrotechnic trigger mechanism containing less than 200 mg net of Division 1.4S and less than 250 ml of compressed gas in Division 2.2. The backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot be accidentally activated. The airbags within the backpack must be filled with pressure relief valves.

I hope you have a lovely flight.

Regards

Julie
easyJet Customer Services'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sue them - I find that gets people's attention in an effective manner
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I carried an Abs airbag Stansted to Geneva and back late Jan on Easyjet , followed the guidelines and took it as hand luggage , the security told me it was treated the same as a life jacket .
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cad99, thank you, email sent tonight.

red 27, I've given them one week to letter before action then 2 weeks to small claims Toofy Grin .

Many thanks

PH.
ski holidays
@paulh, sounds like the plan.
snow report
Had the same problem with Swiss recently, though I think it was Zurich airline's handlers (or police) rather than Swiss's staff that took it (and my mate's ABS canister).

Picked it up on the way home for 15 Francs, but still bloody annoying. Packed in original packaging with all user manuals, a copy of the IATA regulations with relevant clause highlighted, and the spec sheet from Mammut. Check in girl said it was all ok. The guy who I picked it up from had a load of them - and basically said he didn't know how it could have been packed better, and that the airlines just don't want to take them. I think if it was in the actual backpack it would have been ok, which seems somewhat counter intuitive.
ski holidays
@clarky999, On my last few flights with Swiss I've checked in my backpack within my hold luggage and put the canister inside the bag with cap fitted and not had any problems.
snow report
Just a quick note to say thank you to cad99. My email to Ms Mccall has prompted easyJet to offer to pay for a new canister. Tracking down the right Policeman on the right day at GVA airport has proved impossible! Will push them to give a full reply as to the pre-booking question and will post on the flying with airbags sticky if worthwhile.

PH.
latest report
@paulh, Glad you got a result. Any info on the pre booking situation will be helpful for the sticky.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy