Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere Transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

Well my Val T hotels got snapped up, so Val D'Isere is now committed to... first time in France and DIY so all a bit of a mess tbh. Anyway flying into Chambery to minimise transfer time, the thought of 3.5 hours on a coach does not appeal!

The question, transfers again.... i'm currently toying with car hire and parking, transfer quotes having been coming in at between €400 & €600 from almost every provider i've tried (could be looking in the wrong place). Busses are cheaper but journey time seems to be 4 hours with changes in Bourg. Car probably £100 for the week with £90 petrol, seems to be the best option (i.e. cost vs time vs convenience).

Anyone driven up to Val and has some advice on places to park?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interactive map on the resort website http://www.parkingvaldisere.com/sags/sejour_1.php

€60 outdoor to €90 odd indoor for the week, no free parking in Val, other than small car parks that some accomodations have.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val Desire: Isn't there still free parking next to the cable car at Le Fornet? (With free bus connections to/from the main town?)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Car probably £100 for the week with £90 petrol, seems to be the best option

those prices sound odd. Very cheap car for £100 for a week - but £90 petrol would get you a very long way.

How many of you are there?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict wrote:
Val Desire: Isn't there still free parking next to the cable car at Le Fornet? (With free bus connections to/from the main town?)

Yup there is still AFAIK
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Car probably £100 for the week with £90 petrol, seems to be the best option

those prices sound odd. Very cheap car for £100 for a week - but £90 petrol would get you a very long way.

How many of you are there?

Sorry Petrol should be parking...

Cheapest return transfer i got quoted was €270 for 2 - directly via the accommodation to be fair
Other transfers via various websites between €420 and €670 for 2 return
Snowbus came back after i'd already committed to things with a shared transfer for £160 (looks similar to car, but i've already booked stuff so too late), and driving will probably be a fun experience anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy