Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Contamines current snow and day trip tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doesn't seem to be anything up to date...

Thinking of Les Contamines for a day trip tomorrow, just for variety. Anyone been recently?

Also, tips for where to park and recommendations for a decent lunch?

Ta.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@under a new name, have always parked up at the gorge car park and gone from there
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Charlie, from Webcams today carparks empty (as are pistes) so I think we'll just park at the first TC we get to. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not since half term.

I agree with Charlie - gorge car park is a bit better (parking easier, walk to lift easier, run down slightly nicer).

Loads of lunch tips for you! Actually, the general standard of mountain restaurant is pretty good and reasonably priced but my favourites:

Le Roselette - Roselette sector near the halfway point of the Buche Croissee chair. Everything good but the plat du jour is always the best option in my experience
La Taverne de Belleville - bottom of the Hauteluce bubble, you walk through a little tunnel, doesn't look promising but very nice people and good food
Auberge de Colombaz - off-piste option, need to book by phone. You can get there from joining the (summer) road at the bottom of the grevettaz drag and skiing the road (little skating or walk required) to Colombaz. You can join the road further along if you drop in off-piste from the Veleray area. After the (really excellent) lunch you can ski a combination of road and meadows and end up near the Signal bubble base station.

The two restaurants fairly near the top of the Hauteluce bubble are both nice and have good sunny terraces but I just prefer the options above.

BTW - just posted a TR in the off-piste section which might whet your appetite. For skiing I mean
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jedster, Thanks. I saw your TR, very nice. I really, really want to properly get into touring. I say that every year...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't been for a while, but the Roselette is my favourite too. Very cosy. Not that "cosy" is that important at the moment.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, there are a couple of easy safe tours in Les Contamines, I'll be suggesting one to the cham massive if the snow brightens up a touch.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jbob, could be interesting!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for Gorge parking and Roselette Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, for entirely boring reasons, we ended up in the Grand Massif.

Ho hum. Thanks, all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jbob wrote:
@under a new name, there are a couple of easy safe tours in Les Contamines, I'll be suggesting one to the cham massive if the snow brightens up a touch.

Hopefully only once I get there!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Zero_G, of course.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy