Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Face freethinker bib - Gore Tex pro - any thoughts?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After seriously wetting out my Armada pants this week I've come to the realisation that it's finally time for a new pair.
Have found what looks a good deal on the North Face Freethinker bib pants. They're Gore Tex pro which I've heard good things about.

Has anyone got any experience of these pants in particular or Gore Tex pro ski pants? Either positive or negative
Haven't bought North Face for years as they're mod-range quality seemed to suffer but hoping these would fit within the upper range so should still be decent.

A buddy mentioned I should make sure the cuffs were well enough reinforced or I'd slice right through them but I can't seem to find much info about whether they are or not. This is something I have done A LOT to my current pair.

Cheers
Mike
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know how the current Free Thinker pants compare but I've had a pair of them for around 6 years. They're extremely tough and hard wearing and I've had no problem with those annoying tears that you get in other pants.

Because they're so tough they are actually quite stiff but this doesn't affect performance at all. They are reliable in any conditions and I've always been dry in any situation with good breathability. I wear Icebreaker 250 base layer pants underneath and these work fine even in cold weather (including interior Canada)

Someone once said to me they look like a pair of suit pants (mine are grey) the point being they're maybe not the best looking from a fashion perspective. Hopefully this is not a consideration; it certainly isn't for me but some people do want to look a certain way. My concern is just function and for that they are top drawer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know if this is a consideration for you but I'm sure someone on here recently stated that the Pro material was not as robust as the non pro stuff. I started looking for a pair of these recently on recommendation (from a thread on here) but didn't like the fact they only come in bib form, I assumed they came in normal pant style but I couldn't find any. Ended up buying a Sweet Protection pair that Sportpursuit have on current sale.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gore-Tex Pro is just the membrane; the durability of the outer fabric is not affected by the gore-tex it is bonded to. This season’s Pro is meant to be better than last season’s, both are markedly more breathable than Performance.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swishtony, is that the Supernaut r pants? Just been looking at them and actually starting to think I prefer them.
They look a bit bagger and looser fitting which bearing in mind what @Ade57, says might suit me better.

Thanks for the replies guys. Food for thought.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, not getting them for a few weeks so cant offer any feedback, sorry! Also ordered a pair of the Porter II pants, whichever I prefer I keep and the losing pair gets returned Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy