Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire - Les 2 Alps - Route Du Petit Plan

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are heading out to Les Deux Alpes on 28th March and looking for ski hire recomendations (and possibly lessons)

Our accomodation is a little on the outskirts so struggling to find out which ski hire shop would be closest/best. As we are arriving lunchtime we are hoping to get our ski quickly and be out on the slopes for a few hours.

Does anyone know the resort so they could point us in the right direction?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi - it's a little out of the way from Route Du Petit Plan but I cannot recommend the guys at SlidePlanet enough. Friendly English speaking lads, nothing too much trouble. They will store your skis and boots for you and it's a minute walk to the main Jandri lift. I'll be using them that week myself. I've used skiset to place the order and the skis and boots have always been prepped and ready to go on arrival.

Lessons - depends what you need? Ski school - Jeremy and the team and European ski school are always good. Personal lessons - can't do better than Charlotte at easiski. Personally I avoid the ESF... too impersonal and big group sizes.

Hope that helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sazmo, Whilst I'd agree with @snowhouse, re ESF and group lessons, my husband and son has a couple of private lessons with ESF in January and were very happy with them. 2 x 1.5 hrs for two people was c. 130 euros
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the great advice.
Is the resort very large? When you say we are a distance from SlidePlanet...is it walkable?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hard to say, Route Du Petit Plan is a looong road. I'd say 10 mins or so walk give with an extra 5 if you are at the wrong end. Les Deux alpes isn't massive but it's quite long and thin sitting as it does in the floor of a high alp. As a resort, it's almighty flat though so walking isn't usually a problem. Your main uplift to the larger ski area is either central (Jandri) near the Slide Planet, or toward the other end of town to yourselves at the Diable. From your end there are some chairs which are nice and quiet but don't get you up far. You can get a smaller lift the, Petit Aquille, which will get you high enough to cross the face of the slopes to the main uplift points - but end of March it gets a bit marginal to be honest. Your location isn't really the most convenient for ski in/out, but don't be disheartened , the upper slopes (and there are a lot) are usually tip-top and it's be much warmer up above 2600m at that time of year (most resorts stop out about that point - we still have another 1000m of vertical to mess about in!). Have a great holiday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, that makes sense now. Thanks for the reply.

I assume we are located above the Petite Aiguille lift as the chalet description states:

"Depending on snow conditions it is virtually ski-in/out using the Petite Aiguille piste (blue) and skiing 200 metres (approx) to the Petite Aiguille chairlift"
[/u]
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we went a few ears ago and had lessons with charlotte. We were up the other end and used jaques sports, in fact charlotte got us a discount there and we ended up buying new boots and having them fitted there at the resort so we could go back a few times during the trip to iron out the fit over the course of the week which was a great way to fine tune new boots Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sazmo, would that be Chalet Arolles?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@montana, Sorry missed this post. Its Chalet Les Lauzieres
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
These seems to be some really good prebook deals. Does anyone know if these deals are available in resort?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@snowhouse,
Just been trying to book skis but Skiset are saying that SlidePlanet cant store skis and I would need to book at 'Brun Sport' through them. Do you know if Slide Planet can definately store skis?
Really wanted to go with your recomendation.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sazmo, pm @easiski (charlotte), she is based in Les Deux Alpes and knows everyone
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sazmo, well, Brun sports will store your skis... and charge you, as they are the absolute closest to the slopes that's probably fair-ish . SlidePlanet will store skis hired from them for free (tip the guys though- I don't think they make a lot) and also will dry your boots - probably a good thing this time of year, but are 10m further away. I don't think SkiSet are the best source of info.. but they are an easy way to book. I'm booked with them for this weekend.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh BTW - there are always discount codes for SkiSet around 40-50% - make sure you use them - I'm pretty sure the ski shop doesn't see a penny of the extra cash.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimium

http://les-2-alpes.skimium.co.uk/
snow conditions
snowhouse wrote:
Oh BTW - there are always discount codes for SkiSet around 40-50% - make sure you use them - I'm pretty sure the ski shop doesn't see a penny of the extra cash.
Or better still, phone the shop directly and ask them for the discounted price.
It's rare they don't grab the opportunity gratefully as they appreciate not having to give the central booking office their pound of flesh. Also, because you're dealing direct, it reduces greatly the scope for complications with the booking. Skiset's central office are not renowned for their customer care in times of woe.

There are also other discount ski hire operations Alpinresorts and sport2000 pay snowHeads a commission* for referrals but there's also Intersport and Skimium.

*Skiset actually pay the best commission but I'm not willing to recommend them.
snow report
I primarily use them as I can use my PayPal balance earned from selling last seasons kit off on ebay and I think SlidePlanet is only with them.. I may be wrong.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy