Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

can I use zipfit liners in new boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per the title. Zipfits in old boots, new boot liners have packed down. . Can I just use the Zipfits in the new boots?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did, had Colin CEM fit me some new boots, he looked at my old zip fits (only 18months old) and he said they were fine for my new boots. Admittedlyid kept with Rossi and just gone from a 97 to 100 last with the same sole length.

My only caution would be if you boots were heated to the original liners, you may find there is more room once you put the zip fits in.

Give CEM a shout if he doesn't see this, he's the Jedi of all things feet related Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, he fitted my zipfits when I was was using the old boots. I think at that point the old boots should have been declared too big. ...but they weren't. . .and with hindsight they clearly were.

The zipfits are languishing in my Keller in Austria so I was planning to repatriate them and see if they work. I can't remember if the boots were heated. I can always pop into profeet and ask Bernie to have a look.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx, I think for a visit into the shop it's worth the peace of mind, just remember to take 280ish squidleys with you I case you need new ones Sad

What boots and size sole do you have?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PaulC1984, I'd have to go and look..and I'm in Canada with the current boots and the old pair are in Austria so difficult to compare precisely!

Old boots Head Thang 10, new boots Dalbello something or other. Why would the sole make a difference?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only that I have some spare Rossi liners, completely unused that you could have had if you have the right boots and sole length wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PaulC1984, aaah..I see..thanks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, yes Zipfits can be moved from shell to shell, although you will probably want to get that confirmed elsewhere as every time i seem to comment you have to make a snide remark! the new shell should be heated to allow the outside of liner to conform to the shell shape
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@CEM, Colin thank you for that advice.

I don't regard my comment as snide. .. simply stating a view. A great many people on here have nothing but a fantastic experience of your service and say so. Am I not allowed to state my own experience and that of my husband. ..always reported factually and politely...and certainly not always when you comment, in fact hardly ever and on checking not since 2012.

I am happy to point out to anyone reading that you did not fit the original boots.

I'll say this now, and I've never posted it before, but you started it....I am not the only one who shares the opinion I state occasionally on other threads...but I am seemingly the only person who dares to say so.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thread hijack warning...

I have Atomic Hawx 130 boots with the stock liners, Sidas. Bought last year. They have already packed out - after ~70 days skiing. I am intrigued by the Zipfits because of the many great reviews I have read; BUT, most of the reviews are 3 or 4 years old. There is little new on their website. It makes me wonder if Zipfits have passed by time.. If they have, what has taken their place?

BTW: I like a tight fit, with strong heel lock-down. The reviews suggest I will get that with the right Zipfit model.

Before anybody asks, the shell is a tight fit. Less than a finger's space, front to back, and minimal sideways space on the forefoot. With the liner in, the toes touch the end quite firmly, but are comfortably pulled back when buckled.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zipfits are excellent. I guess like everything to do with ski boots, they suit some feet better than others but if you are one of the lucky ones, in my view, there is nothing better. My latest Zipfits were new last season and 150 days later are still like new.

They give a firm but comfortable fit and I have never found anything with better heel lock-down. I wouldn't have anything else.

I certainly don't think their time has passed or that, for me, there is anything to compare with them.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy