Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avis con

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a car on Avis yesterday from Munich on April 4 .Looked at Avis Uk first and they wanted £13 a day for snow tyres.Then looked on Avis .com and low and behold there was a big notice in the top corner stating that all german cars come with snow tyres until April 14th and that they are included in the cost.
What a rip off.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They all seem to do it. When hiring in Geneva for last weekend, it was important to check the small print in the Ts and Cs of each car when comparing prices. While it is true that cars in Switzerland and Austria (and I guess southern Germany) must use Winter tyres over the winter months, that doesn't mean that the hire company HAS to include it in the upfront costs. I worked out that it was cheaper to hire a car which had the Winterisation already done, rather than hire the package that had it as an "optional" extra (which obviously wasn't optional!).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I once whiled away an hour, waiting for friends to arrive at Geneva, going round all the car hire desks checking on this (they were in the main terminal at that point). I wasn't much the wiser at the end. It seemed that whilst extra winterisation charges were payable - by everyone - in winter they were sometimes, but not always, included in the price quoted to people flying in from abroad.

There have been previous posts from people who have arrived to find they had to pay extra on the spot for winter tyres. Argued the toss, told them they'd take a car without winter tyres, etc etc etc. Got nowhere.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats fine . I dont mind paying extra, but the same company charging you more on their uk website as opposed to their internstional website is a rip off. The sat nav was also cheaper by a couple of pounds a day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In either austria or switzerland (forget which), while winterisation is essentially compulsory for the car, it's normal to charge a winterisation surcharge, but when rented locally, that's included in the up front cost. no idea about germany, but the car will have tyres legal for germany (probably all season M+S, which is fine).

would never get a satnav upgrade. anything golf/astra sized or larger stands a 50:50 chance of having one anyway. worst case it's only €2 for data twice (once at each end of the week) if I have to use the phone as a satnav.

paid €25/day the other day for cheapest astra, and got given a Pug 3008 loaded with everything (satnav, head up display (even if it was stupid and I couldn't see it), parking camera, the works).

always pays to shop around a bit and use UK or local rental, or if you have a BA, Lufthansa, etc. card try going through their site too... I turned a rental cost of £67 in to €50.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What dates do they consider "Winter" btw ?
In Haute Savoie April is not considerd Winter as studded tyres are not permitted after March 31st until November?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booking through an airline website will often get you very very cheap basic hire deals. The final provider can often be one of the better known companies.
But (big but) the insurance costs an arm and a leg. If you are sure you won't ding a rim or have a puncture or a chipped windscreen - go for it. Also make sure the pick-up/return locations suit you - I've endured a couple of horrors in industrial estates miles from any known taxi. !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I though this thread title was in French! Now I'm disappointed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Patch wrote:
I though this thread title was in French! Now I'm disappointed

LMAO!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Dubaian, One solution to the CDW excess issue is using an insurance for rental cars policy, its a year long insurance policy

insurance4hirecars ours is called
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy