Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for nice hotel with living room or separate bedroom and half board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can't believe how hard it's proving to find what we're looking for. We've been to the same place in Italy 5 years in a row and I need a change. I know this is a reasonably specific list but my wife is a non skier and it doesn't seem too much, does it?
- 4 star hotel
- pool and ideally a spa
- half board
- a separate room for my 5 year old daughter. A suite with a living room (with a door) is perfect
- snow and in Europe

Found some super expensive 5 star places (we normally pay ~£200/night for the above in Italy in January) and some suites without a door to the living room (no good). Also found a few self catering, but none that are all these things.

Anybody any ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of hotels would have 2 interconnecting rooms - would that do?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm. Would this be in January? There are plenty of self-catering places with pools and plenty of resorts with various spa facilities and a great choice of restaurants. But maybe that's a problem with the 5 year old - do you need somewhere where she will be asleep at night whilst you have your dinner?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And what sort of resort? What sort of skiing? Ski school for the 5 year old?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ishay, we stayed at a place in Banff in Canada that was similar to that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel Portovescovo in Arabba has apartments for families. Part of or adjacent to the hotel. Priced online without catering, but I'm sure they would quote for a week's half board.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, good idea. My room at the BB was in the "apartment" section though it was a straightforward en-suite double. There was a family further along the corridor. Not much for a non skier to do in Arabba though. That was why I asked what sort of resort they were after.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ishay, my parents place in Bansko would actually fit the bill - as long as you aren't talking New Year but into January it isn't bad for queues.

I'll dig out a link to it - we have only been once (over new year) and because we are stuck to school holidays have been avoiding but may go year after next at half term. The rooms are all either two bedrooms and a lounge / kitchen or one bed room and lounge / kitchen. You are then able to choose to self cater and eat in the restaurant in the room?

They also have a spa and pool.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mayrhofen - Hotel Strass.
nice pool and Spa, right next to the lifts.
Lots of different room options. we used Junior Suite in the Garni and it was fine. combined living room/master bedroom + separate room for the kids.
(Relatively) cheap as chips compared to other 4 stars.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Worked it out:

Http://www.muriteclubhotel.com

(They changed the name since we went out there).

He location is out from the main town but they have a regular shuttle bus... Be worth considering.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hamish, stayed twice at the Strass. It's lovely.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bergers Sporthotel in Saalbach has all of the things in your list. We stayed there for NewYear's a couple of years back. There was 1 doorway into our rooms with 2 subrooms and a shared bathroom... ideal for us and our daughter (13 at the time).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any number of hotels that fill all those criteria in any resort - pick a location and then ask for recommendations! I can list at least a dozen I know of and have been in in the Sportwelt Amadé region as well as some in the Skiwelt, Europa Ski Region, etc all in Austria (Tirol andSalzburgerland).
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elisabeth Park Hotel in Bad Gastein have quite a few rooms that would meet your requirements.

Pool and spa too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pramstraller (sp?) hotel in Mayrhofen too was lovely with double bedroom and large separate living room with kitchen. Can't remember if there was a door between the two main rooms though but the sofa in living room could be converted to bed.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy