Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Loi Macron and seconded employees in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of the clauses of the recent Loi Macron in France concerns non-French businesses with temporary workers in France. They are now subject to exactly the same laws as French nationals with respect to the amount of hours they can work (double time for night working for example), pay and conditions. This could have major implications for tour operator staff.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been looking for the relevant clause. It seems a very catch-all law covering over 300 articles. Can you help?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is the clause (article 96), it is particuarly aimed at building trades but apparently applies to all employees:

Quote:
Lorsqu'un inspecteur du travail constate un manquement grave, commis par un employeur établi hors de France qui détache des salariés sur le territoire national (Smic, repos quotidien ou hebdomadaire, durée quotidienne ou hebdomadaire maximale de travail, conditions de travail ou d'hébergement incompatibles avec la dignité humaine), il demande à l'employeur de faire cesser la situation. À défaut de régularisation, il peut exiger la suspension par l'employeur de la réalisation de la prestation de services concernée pour une durée ne pouvant excéder un mois. Cette décision n'entraîne ni rupture, ni suspension du contrat de travail, ni aucun préjudice pécuniaire pour les salariés concernés. Le fait pour l'employeur de ne pas respecter la décision administrative est passible d'une amende administrative dont le montant tient compte des circonstances et de la gravité du manquement, le comportement de son auteur ainsi que ses ressources et ses charges. L'amende est inférieure ou égale à 10 000 € par salarié concerné par le manquement.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. I think it's fairly borderline for a lot of companies, but with the inclusion of benefits such as room and board it's hard to get a clear idea of how far off most companies are. Hours worked could be interesting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Presumably the same opt out regarding hours worked can be applied as in the case of French nationals?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The law on benefits such as board and food is clear and is not overly generous.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When I worked in Paris they had all lots and lots of employment rules. It was France though, so rules did not work quite the same way as they do in the UK. As a non-local it took me a while to understand that... but I reckon tour operators there will have a pretty good feel for French systems. Time will tell, I guess.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philwig wrote:
but I reckon tour operators there will have a pretty good feel for French systems. Time will tell, I guess.

Given the recent problems they've been having some obviously do not.

Paying reps the French minimum wage is going to hurt. The restrictions for out of hours working will need to be looked at too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Switzerland and Austria did it so it's only logical that France will follow.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's starting to bite. 2 Danish companies are up before the beak for this.
These are reputable companies, not fly-by-night.

http://www.ledauphine.com/hautes-alpes/2015/03/21/vaste-coup-de-filet-anti-fraude-35-employes-en-situation-illegale
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
volfy wrote:
It's starting to bite. 2 Danish companies are up before the beak for this.
These are reputable companies, not fly-by-night.

http://www.ledauphine.com/hautes-alpes/2015/03/21/vaste-coup-de-filet-anti-fraude-35-employes-en-situation-illegale

interesting.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy