Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yippee ki yay first slack country Spring ski of the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quite amazing when it was only a few days ago on Thursday that winds were ballistic closing lifts and trashing the mountain side.

Yesterday here in Serre was very warm indeed and snow was melting fast, we had a clear night and walking back from the village at 21:00 snow was freezing in the valley.

This morning clear sky and temps were quickly rising so we decided to go take a look going to a slope that has the same aspect of a run I was considering and sure enough first couple of turns and was obvious snow had transformed to perfection.

Where we were heading you would not have considered it a week or so ago, and we were at risk level 2. Up at the very top as went off the back we hit nigh on foot high frozen wavelets where much of the snow had been transported to but 50m below snow was super smooth corn though has to be said a bit grabby at times but it will only get better as it goes through the freeze / thaw process.

Always love this route as we're in full view of many as we drop off the back with people wondering where we must be going, and we were on our own for just over two miles, and then we only have a 40 min skin back up into the resort, where if we wanted we could have dropped back down again through the trees but light was rather flat by then.

And now I know where all the transported snow has ended up, for it was a good couple of ms in places at the bottom!

Have to admit to being a tad depressed at the lack of snow here but looks like normal service has been resumed Cool

Lovely wiggles in the corn

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy