Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seefeld - warmer temperatures ahead of trip on 13th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked a weekend break in Seefeld, Austria, next weekend (13th - 16th March). Conditions seem perfect now but a tad concerned about the sunny, warm-ish temperatures forecast for next week, especially as our pre-Christmas holiday to Villars in Switzerland necessitated a daily drive to Verbier or Glacier 3000 to ski. Should I be considering a similar drive to a higher resort (Solden etc.) or am I worrying unnecessarily ? - frustrated we didn't book this weekend !.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
120cm on the upper slopes at the moment, temperatures forecast to be hovering just under/over freezing (-5 to +3) on the mountain for the next 9 days - I think you'll be OK.

I hope so 'cos I'm heading out a couple of weeks after. It's not too far to drive to Sutbai or Kühtai which would probably be quicker than Sölden
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is fairly normal pavel33 - it's spring! Long sunny days; granular/refrozen snow (on low down/on sunny aspects) on a morning; soft/spring snow on an afternoon; wintry snow higher up; factor 50 suncream an absolute must....Great stuff Very Happy !

Barring an absolute heatwave, you should be completely fine - 120cm of snow on the upper slopes would take some shifting.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually, it's not spring yet - it's a bit early in the year for very warm weather, but it happens. I hope it gets cold and snows again before too long or the advertised closing dates for some resorts might be in danger.

Meanwhile I expect to greatly enjoy a warm sunny week with excellent snow next week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, after the lack of pre-Christmas snow meant a 45m drive every morning from our hotel to the snow, I would have been fed up if faced with a choice of dealing with poor resort conditions or driving elsewhere to find better conditions, especially as we're only there for 3/4 days. Shouldn't complain too much though as we're also going to Trysil in Norway for the week after Easter Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went to Seefeld three years ago during the third week of March and it was quite warm udring the whole week. But the snow mostly held up well. Only during mid afternoon did the snow turn slushy on the lower slopes of the learners area and the Gschwandtkopf. The Roshutte slopes were absolutely fine as they are higher up. Dont think you have anything to worry about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@jimmybog,
It gets very boggy at the bottom of Geigenbühel if it's warm. You need wellies not ski boots Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy