Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

28th March - cancel room and get something last minute?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A mate and I have booked flights to Geneva on 28th March and also have a room in Tignes Le Lac. It's room only and there is no catering in the place, however it is just £400 for the week and right by the lift.

Question is, could we find a better deal, that might be pricier but include meals? Not beholden to Tignes but would like something snowsure - obviously we can choose something closer to departure if we change. Have been thinking that Avoriaz might be nice, and more convenient.

I can cancel the booking on Sunday and still receive a full refund, otherwise I have to pay, so I need to decide by Sunday.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Difficult - but I can't imagine you'd have any great problem finding a similar room in Tignes at a similar price, at the last minute, should anything more exciting come up. Presumably that £400 is for the whole place - £200 each?

Personally I'd probably take a chance and cancel without penalty.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
28th March is the first week of the UK school Easter holidays. Suspect it may be busy that week so deals will be harder to come by.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have been offered a room here: http://www.haigski.com/winter-home-page.html

Good price, seems like a lovely place to stay, but about 20 mins from Morzine by minibus. Have also seen something similar about 10 mins from Samoens. Any thoughts on what the PdS or Grand Massif will be at this time?

Initial thought is that it must be in resort, however the more I think about it, the less it really matters. Ski hard all day, bit of apres then back to chalet for drinks, food, and hot tub!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

28th March is the first week of the UK school Easter holidays. Suspect it may be busy that week so deals will be harder to come by.

package deals probably will be harder to come by. But the OP has flights booked and in terms of accommodation that'll be low season in France (low season starts tomorrow when the school holidays end) so doing a holiday on a DIY basis should be manageable.

However, I'd be reluctant to book anything right now with some very warm spring weather coming up. Will be fine next week (for the benefit of those people starting to panic.....) but if it doesn't get cold and snow again conditions in Morzine etc could be poor by the end of the month, with the higher altitude areas (Avoriaz, top of Flaine) busy. In which case Tignes would be better.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
put in a request for a catered chalet - preferably with transfers from Geneva on chaletfinder and any of the other sites that offer such excellent search facilities.
I have just bagged myself a bargain.
Even tho the euro is excellent - you would (well i would if it was me) still spend a fortune on eating out - no way I am cooking / cleaning up after myself on holiday Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dibergio, I wouldn't have thought you'd have any trouble finding a replacement. If it's anything like the place I stayed in a couple of year ago, you won't have to get out of bed to go to the loo. Pretty tiny!

I'm sure the Haigski offering is lovely, but I personally like to be in town.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LOOKING FOR SKI BUDDIES FOR EASTER
Hi all, single intermediate skier, male 28 y/o teacher looking to join a group for 4-7 days. Flexible on where and when over Easter - just really want to go!
If you have any spare spaces or know any top tips that would be amazing thanks Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@toskilatedec2014, can I suggest that you post a message on the Solo skiers v Groups Organising Trips section? Is this a possibility for you?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118085
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy