Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for Easter with easy(ish) transfer to Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
So, I've left it too late to book my usual two week spot in Tignes, and only the second week is available. I have flights booked, so I'm looking for accommodation from March 28.

I could just get an apt in Tignes, but it might be fun to try somewhere new. So long as it would be easy enough to transfer after the first week. We are good skiers so we'd be looking for somewhere with a bit of a challenge.

Any suggestions? Three Valleys? Alpe D'Huez? I know Les Arcs is the obvious choice, but there is something about it that just doesn't appeal to me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ste Foye? Not far down the road.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Val d sere must be easier, la plague is easy . Personally always loved the 3v.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alpe D'Huez isn't easy especially if you're flying to/from Geneva.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ideally, you need somewhere that has a bus service into Bourg so you can get a cheapish transfer (unless you are an oligarch wink ). How about La Rosiere - bigish area with La Thuile - so you can do 2 countries in one Hol. Or as Pam says St Foy is a little gem if more adventurous stuff is your bag.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ste foy and La Ros will be liquid by then in the April sun - cross them off the list
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pending,

Val Thorens, or Les Arcs with maybe a day trip or two to St Foy (from Les Arcs) to ski the Face Nord Foglietta and stuff. St Foy has been superb for me at Easter!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's going to be Les Arcs I think, especially as they are doing a Paridiski pass for the price of the local pass for that week. Any thoughts on which area would be best? I'm seeing nice cheap apartments in Arc 1800, with one a bit more expensive in Arc 2000. Is there much of a difference?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That time of year I would book 2000. Over the last few years they have improved it somewhat and it now has some nice restaurants (the savoy, chalet de l'arc, kilimanjaro), numerous ski-hire shops (equilibres is v good and friendly), and some good bars. And a bowling alley. The cabriolet to arc1950 runs until 11.00 p.m for all that they have there, or there's always the bus. And ski down to Villaroger (snow permitting) and you're only a 15 min drive from les brevieres.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pending, In April there will be little difference between 1800 and 2000. Early in the season Arc2000 gets isolated by storms occasionally and most of the lifts are closed for avalanche protection. In these cases you have to get the bus to 1600 for skiing. Arc2000 offers closer access to the more challenging skiing, but Arc1800 has MILE8 for off piste diversions.
I will be in 1600 over Easter
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Would I be mad to consider staying down in Bourg? I found a possible apartment apparently 200m from funi, then 7 mins up... but there has to be a catch to that - what am I missing?

I hate the idea of arriving on a transfer to the middle of a resort I don't know, with no idea where the apt is, or if there are taxis, with luggage, skis and a child in tow, at 11 pm if all goes to schedule, who knows what time if there are delays, whereas the transfer to Bourg would be so much easier, supermarkets are close by so it would be a lot cheaper, etc etc.

Then again, ski in/ski out in Arc 2000 would be great. But would it be worth the hassle of getting there?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What you are getting by staying in Bourg is a 200m walk to the funicular, a wait there (timed nicely by your departure to be very small), a 7 minute ride up a crowded funicular and a 200m walk to the mont blanc lift at the other end.

The supermarkets in Bourg are close by when you stay there, but they are only a 7 minute extra trip down the funicular anyway. Actually the super markets are not that close to the funicular station; the intermarche is about 1.5 km away, but Lidl is much closer. I have not found the difference in price between the small shop in Arc 1600 and the large supermarkets in Bourg sufficient to entice me down. But it may be different if I had a large party.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There will be lots of people on here who will guide u right to the door of wherever u decide to be
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, thanks, I didn't know about the walk at the top and that's the decider - I booked Arc 2000, Residence Aiguille Rouge. @Don Keebles, have you any idea where that is in relation to wherever a bus would drop us off?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
getting to 2000 by bus from the top of the funicular (1600) will depend on what time u arrive. it's only 20 mins from 1600-2000 by bus but u ought to check the timetable. the drop-off car park is about a 5 min walk to aguille rouge apartments which are right in the middle of arc2000, which isn't a big place anyway.
ski holidays
@Don Keebles, thanks. We'll probably get a bus from Geneva as our flight doesn't get in until 6pm, so it will be 11pm ish by the time we arrive, way too late for the funicular or local bus. A few mins walk means I can get a bus direct from Geneva, if it was a long way, especially uphill I'd get a bus to Bourg then a taxi up to Les Arcs.

It's weird, I'm strangely nervous going somewhere unknown, which is bizarre since I've skied all over the place. I've become a creature of habit in my old age lol
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy