Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grandvalira - Best Runs?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading there with my other half later this month, and was hoping you lovely people could recommend some good pistes, any difficulty level is fine.

Cheers
Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find people are often a bit sniffy about the area and underrate it. here is a selection of runs I enjoy in the area.
SOLDEU
Avet - Soldeu's signature black. Steep top section often icy which can be avoided then mellow mid and steepish finish. A really good black
Josef Tollaradana - really good varied red through the trees. Great when visibility is poor.
Cabriol - quiet black starts with a steep pitch and runs out by the nursery area
EL TARTER
Tamarro - get some speed to get up the rise but a lovely and usually quiet red
Teixo - gentle blue with usually good snow. Great for practicing
CANILLO
Gaig - easyish black under the chairlift though often icy in the mid section
Rossinyol - long widing scenic blue
GRAU ROIG
Grio - Easy, consisten gradient and usually quiet red
Moretto - much quieter alternative to the black Mirador though gradients are very similar. Top section a joy for fast carved turns
Pastora - nice long blue from top to bottom
Granota - lovely secluded black. Only the top 150 metres gets close to warranting black status but is only then a decent red
Free ride zone under the TK Pic Blanc - great steep free ride area
PAS DE LA CASA
Taupes - nice black alongside the race piste

These are a few of my favourites. Hope it helps
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just the sort of reply I was hoping for, I've never been to Andorra, and a bit of knowledge to get me going in the right direction on the first day is always welcome!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going on Sunday! Reading this has got me rather excited!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Luke you can bring back more advice Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Off to El Tarter on Sunday with my wife and two friends. This has been useful and is getting me excited. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
All great choices there, from Ade57. (Note that that Soldeu piste is called Josep Torrallardona - and is indeed excellent.)

I would add:

On the way back from Canillo, take the Encampadana draglift and do the Isards red. (This draglift and the Montmalus one in Grou Roig to access Granota are the new generation easy-to-manage drags.)

The Àliga black in El Tarter, from top to bottom. (And enjoy a very decent proper lunch or some great nachos and a bit of apres in the Abarset at the bottom!)

The Trencalòs black in Soldeu towards the Solana valley, and for a cruisy blue I love the Solana/Obaga especially when starting directly from the top of Tosa de la Llosada (El Tarter) and heading "over the back". The blues down to Soldeu village are also enjoyable.

In the weirdly unnamed sector between Soldeu and Grou Roig where the funicamp from Encamp exits, do the Pla de les Pedres red and the Serrat de la Posa red (both begin from the crest on the Soldeu side). In the other direction, the Serrat Pinos red from the Grou Roig side is also fun when the wind is behind you!

In Grou Roig, the Camí de Pessons with a stop at the restaurant hut for a great sandwich/burger or a sit-down meal is a must, ideally before going on to do the Granota black mentioned above (since there's a great view of it from the restaurant's seating area).

On the Grou-Pas mountain, all of the reds and blacks on both sides are decent. I particularly like Riberal (Grou) and Jordi Anglés (Pas). If the boardercross is open in Pas, do it and possibly stop in the Cala Bassa Beach Club bar/restaurant at the exit. And for a break from the crowds, the Portella blue on the Grou side is relaxing.

Between us, it almost sounds like we've described the whole resort! But really though, I think we've picked out the best 50%.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy