Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new boot advice please - intermediate with wide feet, high instep

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got back into skiing after a 20 year gap. Several days in Scotland on secondhand gear has re-affirmed my love for the sport!

I have got my hands on some Head iPeak 74 skis and am very happy with them. Boots are next. I currently have an old, knackered pair of Salomon X-wave 9.0 boots from about 2006 (buckles are a bit bent, I also get numb feet from pressure over the instep after about 2 hours) . I'm looking for some new boots at a reasonable price to suit my wide feet and high instep. I could do with canting adjustment as I am a little bit knock-kneed. I'd also like micro-adjust buckles.

The boots I am currently looking at are Salomon Quest Access R80 and Head Cube 3 8. But I'd like some opinions first. If anyone knows of any bargains out there, my size is 29.0/29.5. My max budget is £150 for new or an 'unmolested' used pair (my current boots have been customised to the previous owner - only found out recently!).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If only you where a little smaller, I've got some Head Edge boots that have only seen a week and I no longer need.

Generally though i've found Head are best for a wide high instep foot, although there is nothing like getting professional fitted.
Have a look and let us know how you get on.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have wide feet and a high instep and the Atomic Livefit range have been great for me. Bought one pair which fitted perfectly with no tweaking and was lucky enough to win a pair of Carbon Waymakers which are amazing (fitted by ProFeet in Fulham).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Atomic range, I have the Waymaker Tour 110.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for the Atomic LiveFit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+ 1 for Atomic, I'm in Hawx 120. But, as I have very high arches, the fine chaps at ProFeet ground down the zeppa board, and did some tweaking. Now, they are awesome.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went for some Atomic Hawx 100. I actually got my size wrong, I am actually 28.0/28.5. I'll see how I get on this weekend, looks like I'll be on Scottish concrete again!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you have non standard feet you definitely need to see a recommended boot fitter. I have narrow flat feet and with a superfeet cork insole fit an atomic cs (98mm last) race boot perfectly. Atomic have ranges with wider lasts to fit wider feet but so do many other manufacturers . Having wasted many £100s on poorly fitted boots why not spend an extra £100 up front and get it right first time. In my opinion I would buy from the Uk if I was skiing a week at a time ( get them fettled pre trip with visits to snow dome etc) or if skiing a season buy them out in resort. I don't want to spend my one week away with daily trips to ski shop to refit/grind etc.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry, just realised you have already bought them! There is always EBAY!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy