Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a new pair of skis.... (Women's)

Poster: A snowHead
I have posted this over in equipment reviews but guess this part of the board is busier?

I have a 3 month old baby snoozing on me right now and I am online shopping for a new pair of women's skis!

Ok, I already have a pair of head all mountain skis (about 5 years old so actually relatively a little skinny now ) and a pair of volkl kenjas (from about 3years ago).

I have recently pushed out baby girl Farry number 2 and my 'push' present from Mr Farry is a pair of skis.

I fancy a more piste orientated pair. Particularly as we are skiing at the end of the season this year.

I am 159cm tall, normally ski 3 weeks a year, pretty good intermediate, (ski blacks, off piste a bit small jumps etc). Love a nice graphic, not a good reason for buying a particular ski!

What would you buy if you were me? Budget up to 500 pound max.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Farry wrote:
I have recently pushed out baby girl Farry number 2 and my 'push' present from Mr Farry is a pair of skis.

You went through nine months of pregnancy and childbirth for a pair of skis? Shocked You're a cheap date!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've bought Blizzard Black Pearls and I absolutely LOVE them (they are also very pretty)!! They're not strictly speaking a piste ski, but they are fine on everything! I ski mostly on piste.

I've also been hearing great things about the Head Joy range, and the Volkl Charismas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Farry, I tried some women's piste skis in November and really liked the Blizzard Cheyenne and Nordica Belle to Belle (crap name and graphics though). I would recommend going somewhere with a decent selection of skis to try, this should be easier if you are looking at piste skis, trying loads then buying the prettiest/most fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bought Vokl Viola for my wife.She loved them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've had the Head Wild Ones for the past few years and bought the Blizzard Black Pearls as a replacement at the beginning of this season. They are outstanding. Fantastic all mountain ski but astonishingly good on piste too. They're particularly good for long radius turns on piste. I've skied about 35 days on them so far this season and haven't come across any conditions they're not fantastic in.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Zero_G, I didn't even get skis!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@pytek23, that is such a male thing to do when it comes to skis, the female has no part in the decision making process then, or is incapable of deciding what is right for her Smile

My daughter has just had published this article on Womens Skis on Cooler Mag and we're just back from the UK Ski Industry Test in Kuhtai Austria where my OH was concentrating on Women's ski and how the market is changing and she's currently writing that up.

Scott have now dropped to all but one womens ski whilst K2 still has a very good and big line up.

As ski tech means skis are getting lighter then for women a smaller ski in a range fits the bill. I know two women who ski the Black Diamond Carbon Mega Watt as their big mountain ski for exactly that reason.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:
@pytek23, that is such a male thing to do when it comes to skis, the female has no part in the decision making process then, or is incapable of deciding what is right for her Smile

Oh no.I did ask her if she likes the colour...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@HoneyBunny, +1 I am also hearing good things about the Head Joy range too.

@Farry, I would also look at the Dynastar Elite Pro and Elite Light and Active Pro.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
I didn't even get skis!
I'm just a bit gobsmacked about this whole 'push present' concept.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Farry, my wife hired a pair of Rossignol Unique10s on holiday and she liked them enough to purchase a pair on return. At 72mm underfoot it is def aimed at piste skiing, but she's found them fine during a small amount of off piste too. They may be very similar to one of the Dynastar Elite range.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Love my Nordica Wild Belles. Excellent in chopped up snow, spring sugar and perfect groomed piste as well as the odd adventure with a guide into trees and knee deep off piste.
I also tested the Blizzard Black Pearls and didn't like them (but they do have better graphics) My K2 Superburin's have now been relegated.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After the Braehead ski test my wife bought a pair of Volkl Allura piste skis. After 3 weeks of use she's delighted with them - they were even good for a bit of side of piste powder skiing yesterday in Warth.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I really liked the Wild Belles as well. Very solid, reliable ski which inspires confidence.

The Black Pearls are something else though, amazing. They also forgive less-than-great technique.
ski holidays
I ski the Nordica Helles Belles, and love them. It took me a couple of days to get used to them, but now I'm in love.

They are extremely stable on the groomed runs, handle well in knee deep powder, and love the crud. Skiing cut up crud is my favorite thing now, and I fly through it and look like a super star. I think they are 90mm underfoot.

I can also suggest you pop over to the ski diva forum (google it), as that is a strictly female ski forum, and a lot of chat about all the ski's mentioned on this thread, so lots to read over there. And you can post your question there. I love this forum, but I love that one as well, for different reasons. But I used the input on that forum to buy my ski's.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy