Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a woman's piste ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I already have a pair of head all mountain skis (about 5 years old so actually relatively a little skinny now ) and a pair of volkl kenjas (from about 3years ago).

I have recently pushed out baby girl Farry number 2 and my 'push' present from Mr Farry is a pair of skis.

I fancy a more piste orientated pair. Particularly as we are skiing at the end of the season this year.

I am 159cm tall, normally ski 3 weeks a year, pretty good intermediate, (ski blacks, off piste a bit small jumps etc). Love a nice graphic, not a good reason for buying a particular ski!

What would you buy if you were me? Budget up to 500 pound max.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For pure piste fun which is really different from your current skis get slalom skis. I Hired a pair of Atomic Redster SL and they were brilliant fun on hard pistes. (I think it was the edge SL which is the punter version). I have seen them for quite a bit less than £500 including bindings.

I haven't skied other makes of SL, and I am much bigger (and not as good!) as you, so all I am saying is, tried them, loved them!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Farry, if you want a piste ski, you probably, as @Col the Yeti suggests, want a Slalom ski. Or at least, a Slalom style ski. Head Supershape Magnums might be fun, f'rinstance.

Personally, I'd be going for the i.SL RD but that's a full bore FIS slalom ski and might be a bit of a handful if you're not paying attention.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got Mrs irie some 158 Head Super Joys (rrp £595) for about £330 - she's 1.70m, is also a "pretty good intermediate", and loves them. Just got back from 10 days in the Dolomites. We're grand parents btw wink

You should be able to get a pair now (148/153?) for about £295 which is an amazing price - they are very light and a quality product.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy