Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes with kids- not club med

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow snow heads,
I have written for advice before and the responses where excellent, so here I go with round two. We are supposed to meeting friends for a week skiing next january at Tignes. Our friends have bought a package to stay at Club med. we don't want to stay at such a big place. Prefer the smaller more intimate chalet experience. We both have two children each ( ages ranging between 7 & 4). Looking for recommendations of other great places to stay close to the club med..
Thanks in advance!
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Tdavies, are you after childcare as well from wherever you stay?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Tdavies, have a look on crystal website, hotel diva advertises there, they do a 'SkiPlus' package which essentially included everything from lift pass to ski hire, I looked at this for January 2nd 2016 and it was £919 for adults, pretty reasonable I think?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had a good holiday in the Mark Warner chalet hotel in Tignes. It is obviously bigger than a chalet but not huge.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have friends going out to one of Ski Esprit's properties in Tignes in a couple of weeks. As a TO they should suit the ages of your children perfectly. Smaller properties that Club Med too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How close to Club Med? It's in Val Claret. Would le Lac or Lavachet be close enough, or would it have to be VC?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tdavies, Esprit have several properties. Childcare and getting kids to ski lessons etc is excellent but these are all 'add ons' to the starting price. However, skiing in Jan is no too badly priced but it depends on your budget.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've booked with Crystal in a chalet in Tignes Le Lac for the first week of January. The childcare means we'll have to get the free bus (7 minute journey I think?) every morning over to Val Claret, but it does then mean we are free then from 8.30am until 5pm Very Happy with the option to pick up the older ones in the afternoon on an ad-hoc basis to do some skiing with us which we will do on most days. They haven't signed a contract with a ski school for next season yet but this year it was Evo2 and they are hoping they are able to renegotiate that otherwise it'll probably be ESF.

Booking at the Hotel Diva means it will all be on site, but we have four children too (they'll be 9, 7, 4 and 21 months) so that meant separate rooms so we went for the chalet option instead despite the bus ride as we wanted half board. I don't think there are any Crystal chalets in Val Claret at any sort of sane price, but there is the Diva and there are apartments.

You'll have to be quick if you want the "Whizzclusive" package (£450 for all day including ski school AM) as I booked the last three myself for our older three a few nights ago for that week! Although for all I know they might make more available later, but I suspect childcare places do go very fast.

We went with Crystal to La Plagne at Easter 2013 and used their childcare in a similar way and had no complaints whatsoever - they were great.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A word of warning if you have smallies who will be using the Piou-Piou or the other ski nursery beside it in Val Claret. It is way up the hill, a good (adult) 5 minute walk from the main ski school meeting points. You can't get to it by bus. (assuming you won't be riding with 4 yr old up Bollin it is a 10 minute walk from nearest bus access). It is very close to Club Med and a few other hotels. Just be careful to choose location with great care.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy