Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker din setting confusion

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got some 2nd hand k2 impact skis with marker m3 11.0 bindings I'm adjusting to fit my boots. Ok with the sizing but I've been told everytime I've hired before I'm din 5. When I've checked markers website for 5'10 75kg intermediate it recommends 6-6.5. Any suggestions which to go with?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are you also chekcing boot size and age on their calculator?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's a universal measurement so if you've not had any issues with your skis falling off before I would set it at 5
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Make sure you check the forward pressure as well as length and DIN. I don't know that particular binding but I am sure someone who knows will be along shortly.

The DIN depends on boot size as well as weight and ability/ style so check the full chart ( eg the ones here http://www.dinsetting.com/dinchart.htm )

If you have been OK at 5 before and the skis don't fall off when you don't want then I don't see any need to increase the DIN setting.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much safer to be as low as you can without your skis popping off unexpectedly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Much safer to be as low as you can without your skis popping off unexpectedly.

+1 Mine are at 4 and don't release unexpectedly BUT I am neither heavy nor aggressive (well, not about skiing at any rate wink ). And I don't do the kind of skiing where a pre-release would be more hazardous than the skis failing to come off in a twisting fall. My objective is to ski smoothly so that neither my bindings nor my knees experience too much torque.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I use this...
http://www.dinsetting.com/

hasn't let me down yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DIN settings are not a precise science. For example using Bobs tool at the age I am it suggests 8. In one years time when a I am one year older it says 6.5. Same thing on weight. Also I read an article recently about how as people wear the heel tip of the boot it affects how the binding works. Or how snow in the binding affects the operation. And so on. There are tests you can do to check if they ping correctly.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was a little surprised when I hired skis last week. The guy asked only for my weight and then set the bindings. I said "don't you need more information?", he replied "no" it was easy "you just divide your weight by 10 and subtract 1".

At 75kg he set the bindings to 6.5. I was relieved to see this was exactly the same as I was given by the computer in a different shop the previous time I hired.

Maybe this works OK for the average skier with average build and foot size? There didn't seem to be a long line of stretchers outside the shop so it can't be that bad a method can it???
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@clarky999, Yes, on the marker one. @Col the Yeti, @Bob, just tried that one which also puts me on 6. I'll stick with 5 and see how it goes as the skis are 'new' to me then tweak them up in resort if needed. Thanks for replying , Richard.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm about your height and weight and advanced intermediate and I get set at 6-6.5 (by people who I hope know better than me!). But if they dont pop off at 5 when you dont want them to, then go with that.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have three pairs of skis and each one varies as to what I set the DIN to. By about 1.5 from the lowest to the highest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy