Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit binding instruction manual(s)

Poster: A snowHead
Getting my new Radical ST bindings fitted by @spyderjon on Saturday, en route to a week touring (hopefully) in Scortlan'.

I like to have PDFs of instruction manuals (cameras, bindings, anything that might break or need fettling) in the cloud so I can access them on my iPad/iPhone, but I can't find a PDF for Dynafits on the web. Perhaps they don't like people meddling! But I'm quite happy doing adjustments in the field. Anyone have a link that I can use to download whatever manuals ship with the bindings?

Thanks in anticipation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Search on Wildsnow
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stevo, you could scan the manual that comes with your bindings but don't get too excited, the one that came with my Beasts is woefully lacking useful information, such as how to get the heel piece out of touring mode.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Stevo, you will of course be fully trained in their adjustment/use on Sat which will include, if you want it, me emailing you the full workshop manual. The booklet that comes with the binding is pants as yes, they don't want people meddling.

Zero_G wrote:
Stevo, you could scan the manual that comes with your bindings but don't get too excited, the one that came with my Beasts is woefully lacking useful information, such as how to get the heel piece out of touring mode.

Zero_G, Dynafit offer a special tool for switching the Beast heel from tour to ski mode:

And, especially for you, they even include a comprehensive instruction manual wink:
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd had to phone Jon to found out how to get out of my new Beast 16 !

All the gear …
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha! Thanks @spyderjon. See you Saturday.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dfhage wrote:
I'd had to phone Jon to found out how to get out of my new Beast 16 !

All the gear …

Laughing Laughing from the mountain!? Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no quite, but pretty damn close, I am going to blame UPS, new bindings / skis arrived about two hours before Easy Jet to Geneva ! Still skied all week on them pretty much without incident.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
First day on my Beasts, the one toe piece iced up and I couldn't release. I was flapping about with one ski attached, looking for something small and sharp to chip the ice away. My friends all tried to help by standing there laughing.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm getting a terrible feeling of deja vu !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh and no one bloody told me that when you skin for the very first time ever, don't lean forward like you would when skiing. I ended up falling forward onto my knees like a penitent in church Embarassed

Let's just say that owning Dynafit bindings has turned me into comic relief for those I ski with.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zero_G wrote:
First day on my Beasts, the one toe piece iced up and I couldn't release. I was flapping about with one ski attached, looking for something small and sharp to chip the ice away. My friends all tried to help by standing there laughing.

How cruel of them, surely the solution would have been to pee on your lovely new bindings Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiG, that's brilliant! I was going to carry some kind of ice pick tool but why add more weight when I could just ask one of the guys to wee on my bindings. Can't wait to see the expression on their faces when I suggest it Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Zero_G, All touring bindings, whether tech or frame, ice up at times. To my customers who purchase them I recommend having a small lightweight combination pick/brush in your backpack so when removing/installing skins you can give the bindings a quick poke/brush to ensure no icing up problems etc.

The best brush I found is a stainless steel brush that's made by Stanley & comes in a pack along with a nylon and brass version for just £2.98 from B&Q:
http://www.diy.com/departments/stanley-abrasive-brush-set/30496_BQ.prd

Simply cut a bit off the end of the plastic handle of the stainless steel brush and whittle it to a blunt point so you now have a stabber/pick to break-up any compacted snow/ice and a stiff brush to clear out the snow. Make the pointed end the correct size to clear out the toe/heel inserts in your boots as well as in/under the toe binding etc. You definitely should not use anything metal to clean out the metal toe inserts in your boots as it'll scratch them which enables ice to form etc.
ski holidays
Oh this thread just keeps on delivering! That looks like an evidence photo of a prison murder weapon Laughing
latest report
Quick update to say that I've found a method for getting the heels out of touring mode and into skiing mode.

I thread a narrow sling through any one of the holes on the dark grey heel piece and can then loop the two ends of the sling around my fingers and pull the heel piece up. It's the only way I can change modes because the danged thing is still ridiculously stiff.

And thanks @spyderjon, I bought and modded one of those ^^ brushes – works a treat Very Happy
snow report
Just to say that this week I've taken out a 70 yr old (did think he was 67 but his Mrs told me last night his true age) twice this week and he was using a set of my skis mounted with some radicals.

To say he was having issues getting in and out is an understatement - but such is the case with using them for the first five or six outings.

Even now I can still have mares, and the frozen toe piece is often the culprit - putting a felt tip marker to the boots above the lugs can help at first whilst getting use to techs, my OH's Scott boots actually come with nice red arrows on them!

We also use Vipecs (was the OH's first tech binding) and on her own accord she practiced in the house getting in to them as she does not like to be accused of faffing - now she treats it like a game.

But there's getting in to tech bindings on the flat, then there's a whole load of different scenarios depending on snow pack and gradient, and if using uber wide skis then can be even more frustrating.

And as a post script to the 70 year old, (he wants to ski more off piste) last evening with me he bought some Black Crow Atris but opted for non touring bindings, and had just had this text in from him.

Got used to them on icy piste and moguls and turns got better as confidence improved and became more agressive to push front rocker down. Found some new snow and got them to float. Just come down Luc and cut through slush like a knife through butter. I will enjoy them next season.

As for a touring set up he said he would wait till next season (he goes back tomorrow after a season here) and I think the F12's will probably be more suitable as he's not going to do that much going up.

Cartoon below is from Dynafits 30th Year Anniversary Book, which has some great stuff in it.

ski holidays
And just came across this one

latest report
The Radical's a lot easier to get than earlier models (they weren't known as Dynafiddles for nothing) but the B16/B14/Rad 2's are even easier although a bit of prep can help:

Dynafit & Scarpa brand boots also have a cool guide slot which can helps a lot in in difficult terrain/snow:
snow report
Toe tech bindings Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy