Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2015 Easter Prices

Poster: A snowHead
I've skied at Easter the last few years, and this year the prices seem much higher than previous. It maybe due to where Easter falls in the UK school holidays...and it's earlyish.

I usually budget £500 each half board/catered and end up in the 3 valleys or La Plagne/Les Arcs.

...seems this year Bulgaria is the best I can hope for!

I'm sure there will be some reductions soon.......or I should I stop being tight? So far best I've found is £600 each (x3) if I DIY it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dave_m, Got our s/c appt available, depends on your numbers. Sample the French alpine food each evening in Morzine Very Happy
€1000 for the week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dave_m, yes I noticed the same, hence going Tuesday to Tuesday which saved me lots!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm sure there will be some reductions soon.....

for proper last minute bargains you need to wait till the last minute - it's ages yet.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DallyPaul, It's my wife's holiday too, S/C doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

@kitenski, our DIY is potentially wed to wed. The only bonus is we get pretty much 7 days skiing and use of an airport lounge
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm paying € 2506,00 per room for 4 of us inc 2 adult lift passes, half board in Austria. ARRIVAL: Tuesday, 07.04.15 DEPARTURE: Tuesday, 14.04.15
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The apartments in Les Coches seem slightly cheaper than normal if anything. Booked last week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

It's my wife's holiday too

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing There speaks your standard British male.

If you don't want to cook a self-catering apartment gives you the ideal opportunity to sample the local restaurants and traiteurs. Much better than being trapped in a "half board" arrangement with mediocre food.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wait out till last minute and the prices will fall, have a look on crystal last minute they usually do some deals on lift passes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
dave_m wrote:
@DallyPaul, It's my wife's holiday too, S/C doesn't cut it I'm afraid. ...

You could share the cooking. rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

It's my wife's holiday too

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing There speaks your standard British male.

If you don't want to cook a self-catering apartment gives you the ideal opportunity to sample the local restaurants and traiteurs. Much better than being trapped in a "half board" arrangement with mediocre food.

Absolutely, self catering with 4/5 meals out.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just booked a cute little apartment in an old house in St Marcel, 1km from lift in St Martin de Belleville. 2 bed, 2 bath, sleeps 6 (at a push). Comfortable for family of 5, no bunks. Hoping to get my sister and family to come with me, though couldn't resist booking it even if they can't. Cost in sterling at €1.30 to £1...£332! Plus a 100 euro cleaning fee so about £400 in total. Take our own sheets and towels, and will have to drive as flights aare extortionate. Still reckon it's a good deal though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bug - Swiss.com flights just gone up!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Without wanting to sound smug we risked an early booking which is unusual for our Easter hols, we booked while the snow was pretty poor. As a result we're going HB to Himterglemm with flights and transfers for £1,300 for 3 of us. Past Easters we've paid £2-2.1k (inc ski hire and passes), so I think we'll probably have spent around £300 less this Easter.

I can understand why it's more expensive. In effect most British tour ops will have a shorter season by a week as they tend to stop in most areas at the end of the Easter school hols.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There will be plenty of good value accommodation (though not last minute bargains, which don't really happen so much in the independent rental sector) but anyone hoping for a DIY trip at Easter should have booked flights ages ago. You could probably do a cheap self-drive trip though, with good value accommodation as described by @Perty.
latest report
We always book self catering with the kids. It means we can grab what we want for breakfast, usually cereal or toast, and then we go out somewhere for dinner. We tried catered half board once and the trouble was that the kids didn't like the food...and didn't have an easy way to get something else. Yes its a holiday for the wife also, but that doesn't mean you need to have half board...
snow report
Yep we're all booked up for Easter driving and self catering Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Flights to Munich still pretty reasonable.

I can still drive, and I still have some time to book. Something will turn up. Swissair prices are strange how they change daily.
snow report
"Swissair prices are strange how they change daily."

Do you think they might have one of these new-fangled computational engines behind that Puzzled
ski holidays
as of yesterday Silver Ski had catered chalets in 3V and La Plagne for £399 for the weeks of 29 March and 5 April (flights, transfers, accommodation and food all included)
snow report
This is from the email I got from Silver Ski
29 MARCH - NOW £399pp:
Chalet Lyra, La Tania (2 twins, both ensuite)
Chalet Bon Coin, La Plagne (1 twin, ensuite shower & WC)
Chalet Du Praz, Courchevel (4 twins, all ensuite)
5 APRIL - NOW £399pp:
Chalet Kings Hame, Meribel (3 twins with private facilities)
Chalet Lyra, La Tania (4 rooms - all ensuite)
Chalet Sonjon I, Courchevel (4 rooms - all with private facilities)

To Book Call:
01622 735544
Email: silvers@silverski.co.uk
www.silverski.co.uk
Flights available from:
Manchester - All dates (add £40pp)
Gatwick - 22nd March & 5 April Only (add £30pp)
Ski or Board Carriage - £30 per bag
snow report
under a new name wrote:
"Swissair prices are strange how they change daily."

Do you think they might have one of these new-fangled computational engines behind that Puzzled

Certainly some of the budget guys use cookies etc to track who is looking for flights. So they know your computer looked last week then every day, they up the price to encourage you to buy rather than keep looking...

Move computer or go incognito/private browsing and see if you get the same price...
snow conditions
@Big Dave

Do these Silver Ski holidays come with snow, or is it a random extra? wink
latest report
@Big Dave,

I got the same, and booked 2 rooms at Chalet Lyra, La Tania.

Only problem is a 6.30 flight from Manchester on the day the clocks go forward......
snow conditions
if only you could plan for that in advance, somehow... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@dave_m, Hope you like Lyra. I stayed in the next door (semi detached) chalet, Daisy, two weeks ago. Handily placed about 20m walk to the piste which is just above the gondola. Lyra Chalet staff (Helen and Brian) seemed very friendly and all their guests seemed happy. Enjoy it, we did.

@irie, can't guarantee the snow, but I have seen elsewhere that they try to keep the blue to La Tania open all season. And there is a bubble down to within 50m of the chalet if the conditions are more fit for cows than skiers Very Happy
snow conditions
I stayed in La Tania, in April, a few years back and the blue was fine. The green was a bit bare in places but as it led to our chalet we used it with care. Have fun.

I'm in Meribel from the 28th for a week so hoping the snow is generally OK
latest report
The end of season can be touch and go, but in recent years there's been good fresh snow in April.
enjoy guys!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_m wrote:
.......I can still drive.......

It's your holiday too dave_m, get the wife to drive Little Angel
latest report
@Timberwolf, I have to do my bit!
ski holidays
Quote:

2 rooms at Chalet Lyra, La Tania.

We were there at Christmas. Snow lacking but Helen and Brian are great hosts. Highly recommend . Slight drawback is very little soundproofing but you get what you pay for and I think our Christmas week was £650 all in so excellent value.
ski holidays
I had a jolly nice time too!
latest report
@dave_m, I'd be interested to know whether the red back to the chalet was still open
snow conditions
Nope. Blue was open all the way. I had a few beers in the ski lodge afterwards.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy