Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter holiday feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, we are currently researching a potential business idea. Please would you mind filling out this super quick survey (via the link below) to help us understand what you guys look for when it comes to booking your winter holidays? It's only ten questions and they're multiple choice so it should only take a minute or two. We would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks in advance. Hopefully one day we can welcome some of you to our chalet!

Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DC3FHY8
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
did the survey up to Q 9. I don't want any of those things listed but just put "WIFI" under "other" but the survey design wouldn't allow that answer so I had to abort
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done.

@pam w, I had the same problem as you so ticked three choices, including 'other', and then stated in the comment box that I only actually required wifi and not the other two. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did that too @Iski,
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Done
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey guys, thanks so much! I don't know why it wouldn't let you have WIFI. But I have added WIFI as an option on the question now. Thanks for pointing that out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It wasn't that it wouldn't let me add WIFI, but it was compulsory to want 3 of the items on the list and I didn't want any. And even with WIFI added, I wouldn't want two others. And ticking two at random would be silly, given that this is a statistically rigorous survey.......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I also. Really was not bothered ab out any of the other options in that question.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Same problem here with Q9 - I don't find any of the items on the list to be 'imperative'
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
done Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
it's interesting that this has cropped up several times - questioning some of the assumptions behind the questionnaire, maybe?

Back to the drawing board?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done - wifi is really the only essential of those on the list.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yep Q9 is causing a problem with submission
ski holidays
Done. snowHead
snow conditions
Yeah, needs to be select up to three options, rather than having to select three
ski holidays
Done, but had to select "Doggy daycare" to pass Q9.
latest report
Done

Last question should be select as many as relevent not select at least 3, or better still put in order of priority, 1 being top and zero would be not a priority/not bothered.
snow report
Thanks guys - question 9 has been amended following your feedback. You now only have to pick one answer, up to three max Smile
snow report
Q7 & Q8 needs to be multiple choice - it depends what sort of holiday I'm on. Waste of time and the results of the survey will probably be skewed given the demographic of this forum. Q9 is absolutely bizarre
latest report
done, and as per above, +1 to @holidayloverxx
snow report
I read doggy daycare as dodgey daycare to begin with and wondered what on earth that was and whether I should ask for it for my next skiing holiday!
ski holidays
Quote:

I read doggy daycare as dodgey daycare

Probably thinking about having Jim'll fixit for the kiddies.
ski holidays
@T Bar, Laughing
snow conditions
Done.
ski holidays
gixxerniknik wrote:
I read doggy daycare as dodgey daycare to begin with and wondered what on earth that was and whether I should ask for it for my next skiing holiday!

I first read it as dogging daycare and thought of cheap long term car parking. Laughing
ski holidays
Done
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Think you will struggle with Q9 even in revised form. I'd **like** a pool table. I might use it once. Would I pay extra for it... Doubt it. But offer me two otherwise identical chalets I will take the pool table over the doggy daycare.
Should have been a prioritisation question to put them in order, followed by asking would I pay extra to get any of them...
ski holidays
Sorry, I had to drop out at question 2 about what kind of food I like to eat on holiday. It would only let me choose one option whereas my typical week will be a mix of hearty food, local cuisine, bread and meats, pizza and a nice meal out (fine dining).
ski holidays
Quote:

a nice meal out (fine dining).

I have a nice meal out now and then on holiday. But that's not fine dining in the normal sense of that expression. Of the ski resorts I know very few offer the option of fine dining in restaurants - and when they do (e.g. Megeve) I can't, or don't, afford it.

My son provides fine dining for clients in private chalets. It costs them more than most of us spend on our entire holiday. If anyone who likes a nice meal out ticks "fine dining" the questionnaire will come up with some strange and misleading conclusions.
latest report
@olderscot, therefore 'not bothered' ?
snow report
@pam w, we have a couple if restaurants in Flachau that, if not quite fine dining, are very close to it and are not expensive
ski holidays
No B&B/Pension/Guesthouse option for either accomodation type or catering. Added under "Other" but I would have thought B&B was one of the obvious choices
latest report
Quote:

@olderscot, therefore 'not bothered' ?

Not quite. More like "all of the above."
snow conditions
Done, but I'm not your average holidayer as each holiday is different.

Over christmas we flew out, drove up to a rented apartment.

January we did the Crystal catered chalet deal.

August I might drive over to italy and apart from a ferry ticket you won't know I'm there.
latest report
@holidayloverxx, it's just ("fine dining") a rather meaningless expression, isn't it? There are a couple of very nice restaurants in Les Saisies. One has a "Decouverte du chef" menu with 8 courses at €74 which probably qualifies but I wouldn't afford that. When I go to my local one, for a very fine confit of duck and a delicious creme brulee it costs me about 25 euros with wine and a coffee (and a complimentary genepi) but I don't call that fine dining. And fine dining most definitely excludes tartiflette. wink
ski holidays
In January I experienced fine dining in my own place, for brother in law's birthday - boned quail stuffed with apple and chestnuts with all kinds of fancy bits - but I only had to pay for the ingredients. wink
latest report
@pam w, I think 'fine dining' probably implies all the faff surrounding the food - Malvern Water, anyone? - not just the food.

In my book, any kind of dining is welcome to exclude tartiflette. I simply can't cope with it - too rich.
ski holidays
I'd agree with all the above. Fine dining wouldn't normally be on my list it's just that having to ski at half term also means I'm always there on my birthday which is great. What better way to spend your birthday than skiing followed by a nice meal with family/ friends?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy