Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for long blue runs/easy reds - relatively inexpensive - Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate any suggestions for my 2016 family ski holiday.
Just returned from our first ever ski adventure in Niederau... Beautiful place very lovely friendly people and very good ski school. Family all beginners but all did very well in 5 full days of lessons. I'm personally still struggling with technique purely due to my fear of picking up too much speed!! However my husband and kids have no fear so I'm looking for somewhere in Europe again with as many good long blue runs as possible with some easy reds to keep us all happy! Family friendly, not too expensive and family orientated après ski as well. Has to be in the February half term due to kids so nowhere with ridiculous lift queues!!!
All suggestions very welcome indeed!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sue.davis@talktalk.net, Italian Dolomites maybe - somewhere like Corvara or Colfosco.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and welcome to SHs. snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHead

It may be worth while changing your user name instead of it being your email. Bots that trawl for email addresses may lead to you getting spammed. Not a problem, just a suggestion. Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sue.davis@talktalk.net, If you like Austria then take a look at the Sportwelt Amadé region as well. Some British tour Operators have packages to various resorts in the region. Good skiing with lots of hero blue runs and interesting reds that help build your confidence. The UK Half Term 2016 is almost certainly not the same as most of the European countries (unlike this year).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Saalbach-Hinterglemm would fit the bill nicely.

Apres is brilliant and there are some lovely long blue runs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cervinia
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Sue.davis@talktalk.net, welcome to SnowHeads snowHead - you have a PM (top right, Send/Read messages)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cervinia or Soldeu for me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd also loo into pam w's suggestion. Some outstanding skiing that would offer what you're looking for. The scenery isn't too bad either... Cool Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Without a doubt Grandvalira (Soldeu), Andorra
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think Bellamonte/Alpe Lusia in the Dolomites would suit you perfectly. It's where my kids learned to ski, as did I Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Sue.davis@talktalk.net,
There are many many resorts that would fit your criteria. UK half term is still part of the French holidays next year though not Paris for most so French resorts will be busy but you don't coincide with Fasching or the Dutch holidays which can make the Austrian resorts quite busy.
Personally I would pick an Austrian or Italian resort and check back that it is suitable, in all honesty most, though possibly not all will be.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The skiwelt area in Austria would be ideal too. Lots of suggestions coming in so you'll have fun researching them all!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
another suggestion for the skiwelt and stay in Ellmau
snow report
I would also suggest Grandvalira in Andorra - Soldeau and Pas de la Casa is great, but limited Apre Ski. Stunning blue runs!

Obergurgl and Hochgurgl is also great with nice blue runs and good apre ski.
latest report
Another vote for the Dolomites/Sella Ronda as per @pam w and @Cacciatore!

Great skiing, lovely scenery & nice mountain huts with outstanding hot chocolate.
ski holidays
Sella Ronda is very nice - one can take 2 days to do the orange and green routes and then take it slow on the other days. I would say Andorra and Obergurgl have "easier" runs in my opinion but all 3 are great resorts.
snow conditions
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and advice so far, its very helpful indeed. I've looked at one or two already so will get back and look again!!
ski holidays
We found Chamrousse, France was very good for beginners/families. Nicely located close to Grenoble. The resort is very quiet on an evening, but may be better in half term with more clients about (we were there in early Jan).
Blue runs from the top of the mountain down to Chamrousse 1700, plus enough variety of harder runs as you progress.
Watch out for Marmots.
snow conditions
You sound exactly like I felt after visiting Bansko last season!
I am scared of picking up too much speed and have a real confidence issue... after much research we decided (I decided Laughing ) on Soledu - Grandvalira and we fly out Sunday.. I am happy to report back after and let you know how I get on Smile
snow report
Cervinia. 85 euro per person sharing half board in Edelweiss. Tasty and interesting dinner. Could consider staying in Valtourneche for cheaper accomodation. Only buy the local pass. Cheap and delicious food on mountain.
ski holidays
Formigal in Spain sounds just like what you are after.
snow report
Migmad wrote:
I would also suggest Grandvalira in Andorra - Soldeau and Pas de la Casa is great, but limited Apre Ski. Stunning blue runs.

+1 for Soldeu in Andorra
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
It may be worth while changing your user name instead of it being your email. Bots that trawl for email addresses may lead to you getting spammed. Not a problem, just a suggestion. Happy

Too late now since a few people have included her username in their replies. Spam hell coming up...
snow report
Cervinia - great value, snow sure and perfect for confidence building.
ski holidays
I have booked cervinia for next Feb based on everyones input... Smile
So I have andorra next week and cervinia next season...
snow report
Just spotted this. We went to Ellmau, Austria a couple of years ago with 2 of us being nervous skiiers. Have to say I didn't find it that easy, but perhaps I'm just a bit crap! The kids also struggled with understanding the ski school staff, so didn't progress that far. The resort was lovely, people were really nice and our hotel (Hochfilzer) was brilliant. Just thought I'd put it out there.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Risoul would be good for you.
ski holidays
We went skiing to Norway for the first time between Christmas and New Year (we stayed in Oslo so only went to the Winter Park on the edge of the city) and I found the slopes there were really good for building confidence and nothing like as busy as the Alps etc. Indeed we're going to Trysil in Norway for a week in early April (straight after Easter) and hoping/expecting a similarly enjoyable trip.
snow report
@bambionskiis +1.

My wife HATED Ellmau, we certainly would think twice before going back.
snow conditions
Have a nice time in Trysil pavel33. We really liked it and will definitely go back. The transfer is pretty long so take a good book!
ski holidays
Another snowhead, not very confident blue run skier, who went to Ellmau, reported finding it difficult too, compared to several places she'd skied in France including Valmorel and Les Saisies. I skied with her and tried in vain to persuade her to take some lessons....
ski holidays
Just stumbled on this thread again.

Wife and I just had in week in ADH.

SHe thoroughly enjoyed it.

Will probably be going back in 2016
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Italian Dolomites maybe - somewhere like Corvara or Colfosco.
You know I love the Dolomites but... I don't think this fits the bill as the lift pass is very expensive and you only really get decent value from it if you can get around the area quite a bit.
I do tend to agree that Italy has it over France for the holidays but I'd be more likely to head for Livigno where the lift pass is much cheaper, accom and food is cheap too and the pistes are wide and, on the whole, gentle.

Also, U can get a cheap flight into Friedrichshafen to avoid the long transfer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy