Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach mens downhill

Poster: A snowHead
How good is that course? Looked amazing on Eurosport in training and race day. Up there with Wengen and Kitzbuhel IMO. Hope it becomes a part on the annual circuit.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes exciting course!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
....... rushes to switch telly on ........
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
used to be part of the women's circuit back in the 90's if I recall correctly. Actually may have been the
80's
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@boabski, Yep, not a course for boys to play on! Jansrud and Paris almost literally shat it Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
robboj wrote:
@boabski, Yep, not a course for boys to play on! Jansrud and Paris almost literally shat it Shocked

So Adrien Theaux is "The Man"!

Not only coming in 7th but also showboating in practice by doing a spread eagle off the final jump Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
7th eh, fantastic, bet they all wish they had been 6th rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saalbach had the World Championships a while back, in 1991. I think the Zwolferkogel/Schneekristall course was used for the men's events then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIS_Alpine_World_Ski_Championships_1991
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@robboj,

Finishing 0.75 of a second behind the winner and less than half a second from the podium on that course when 12 of the 54 starters failed to finish is not bad but the point was his showboating at the end of the practce it was a pretty spectacular spread eagle when you consider the how tired his legs would have been the speed and distance he travelled.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I remember being in Hinterglemm when they had a womens race, took the Zwolferkogelbahn up with a couple of the racers. But I didn't go there until the year afer the world championships...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are they racing the black down zwolferkogelbahn. If so why call it saalbach and not hinterglemm.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lucky to be there today for the super g - the downhill has a place in history not only for the rutted middle section but also for that finish just over the audi. Product placement at its best. Needless to say, Austria goes crazy when the word mayer is mentioned - two wins out of two on home soil - bravo my son.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Are they racing the black down zwolferkogelbahn. If so why call it saalbach and not hinterglemm.

Because the main village of the two is Saalbach (i.e. the local Council and admin etc is based in Saalbach) but the resort is marketed as Saalbach-Hinterglemm. Actually, the races yesterday and today were marketed as Saalbach-Hinterglemm races on all of the official signs and on the FIS website and TV coverage, even though the bibs only read 'Saalbach'.

I couldn't get to the Downhill yesterday, so watched the training runs on Friday. 140 km/h down a steep black on a camber, with a few extra jumps and an Audi thrown in for good measure was very impressive. Super G today was fun. Stood in the grandstand at the finish to soak up the atmosphere when 10,000 Austrians went crazy over Mayer's second consecutive win and a sizeable number of Norwegians were there to support Jansrud and Kilde.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@speed098, Fab, didn't see it, presume it was deliberate? If it was then if only it was a showboating competition and not a skiing one then he would be the man, as opposed to the seventh in line to the man. i.e. no-where!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@robboj, Yes did watch it three times rolling eyes It was done deliberatly and was showboating think because so many had real difficulty on the course. He must have travelled close to 30m doing the spread with total jump distance probably close to 50m. I think while watching the race one of the commentators said he had become an overnight hit on youtube with the jump.
Can not find it on youtube but did find it at the link below.

http://www.20min.ch/ro/sports/lhiver/story/Adrien-Theaux-fait-le-show-a-Saalbach-13138675
ski holidays
Oh and he came 2nd in the SG at Saalbach. Plus he did get bronze in the SG at the World champs. So no he did not win but one el of a skier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy