Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunglasses for low light

Poster: A snowHead
Have some nice cat3 glasses for sunny days. Not a big fan of wearing goggles and hoped you guys could recommend some sun glasses for low light conditions.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have some Adidas with interchangeable lenses. They're a few years old now but still very good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are some cycling wrap arounds with the sort of lens colours usually seen in low light goggles, some interchangeable, I haven't tried these but for £15 or so they would be worth a go. I find polarised sunglasses give good definition in flat light (2 pairs polaroid and Oakley). Polaroids are good for reasonably priced glasses with good quality optics. It is personal preference, I find sunnies aren't too dark for looking at snow unless it is chucking it down so that goggles are the only option. For me polarised gives improve definition compared with clear or non polarised/tinted sunnies but some people say polarised makes it worse and love the yellow/ rose tints, you have to try and see.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are flat light lenses. Often find when conditions need them I'm happy using my goggles. I have a pair that are good but don't often use them for that reason.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've some fairly inexpensive cycling glasses with interchangeable lenses (Cebe I think) but I wouldn't want to wear them for skiing as I just don't think they're robust enough. They definitely wouldn't survive a faceplant Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do yellow/rose sunglasses still provide adequate eye protection from the sun?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike-H wrote:
Do yellow/rose sunglasses still provide adequate eye protection from the sun?

Yes, they will generally have the same UV protection (which is clear).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've used Smiths with interchangeable lenses for quite some years now very happily. Typically delivered with one darker and one low light lens.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers for replies. Looks like fleabay has plenty at £10-20. Just need to find some in yellow which I believe is good for flat light.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike-H wrote:
Just need to find some in yellow which I believe is good for flat light.

That is the norm.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

These will probably do
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200314225965?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I may look a prat in them but I just want to see the changes in the piste.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mike-H, That doll is very life like; do you have a link ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mike-H, You also want to look at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rayzor-Professional-UV400-Black-Cycling/dp/B0039O270K/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1424368100&sr=8-7&keywords=RayZor+Black+2In1&tag=amz07b-21

These are shown as goggles, but they come with legs that replace the elasticated strap. I find them very comfortable (with the legs) and they have a padded, shaped insert you can have either on or off, to reduce the wind round your eyes. I find without it, my eyes water something terrible.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mike-H, Julbo 'zebra' photochromatic lenses. They do a range of frame styles but that lens is superb. the only ski glasses you'll ever need
snow conditions
Oakley m-frames with Persimmon lenses if you must have sunglasses.
ski holidays
I borrowed a pair of Bolle goggles once which had a red lens. They gave the snow a distinct blue tinge but I could see every undulation in low light. Never been able to find the same lens again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy