Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Traffic info for France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving down to Chamonix on Saturday and would be handy to be able to forsee any traffic incidents on the way down. Have had a quick look around the net but couldnt find anything really useful.

Can anyone suggest a site or an android app which works?.

Excited Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or http://www.aprr.fr/fr/preparation_au_voyage/temps_reel/trafic
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tinkling, the autoroute radio station will also give out announcments of serious problems in English
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
perfect thankyou. Fingers crossed we get a clear run down there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FM 107.7 if my memory serves me. wishing you a good run
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tinkling, you need to bear in mind that this will be a very busy transfer day, the Saturday between the two Paris holiday weeks. And it might snow a bit (you will be hoping for snow, naturally......).

So expect loads of traffic in and out of Chamonix, along the A40. Your best bet will be to try to time your journey to arrive in Chamonix either early (before 9 am) or late (after 5 - 6 pm).

It's an easy road up to Chamonix but if it's snowing it's possible that you'll need chains, if you haven't got winter tyres, on the side roads.

Further north, I'd give the A6 (Paris - Lyons) a very wide berth. Further east, past Bourg en Bresse, would be better.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers. Hopefullyl it wont be as busy as the drive up to Tignes or La Plagne as everytime we have done a transfer to those resorts its been manic.

Aiming to get there around 5-6pm, we are actually staying in Les Houches. Have snow tyres fitted on a 4x4 and got snow socks in the boot.

Fingers crossed the forcast snow arrives although skiing in flat light isnt my favorite pastime. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
looks like it will be snowy, and windy. Les Houches should be ideal for the conditions! Have fun. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
French Radio Traffic Servrice have marked it as une journee noire, which means that either they expect bad traffic, or they will be showing moody genre films at the autoroute services.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
;look at viamichelin online excellent real time reports .... for all routes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy