Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Madonna di Campiglio Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We are off on a company jolly to Madonna in mid March for 5 days and have booked ourselves and clients into a fantastic hotel, but on B&B basis.

We will be looking to eat out (at nice places as it's paid for lol) each evening, and we want to book ahead as there's 10 of us.

Can anybody recommend suitable eateries, not fussed on type of cuisine, happy to try anything, and we don't need uber top level Michelin star, just good local food and good service, within a reasonable walk from the hotel Chalet del Sogno.

Any advice would be very much appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That does sound nice; a meal in a different restaurant every night, all paid for by somebody else. snowHead Can't help with suggestions though, sorry.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in Madonna last half term, we only ate out once (as we were on H/board basis), can't remember the name of the restaurant, but according
to Google maps it's called Le Roi,the location is about 100 mtr uphill from the pedestrian precinct, opposite the hotel Miramonti and next door
to our hotel the Alpina. I had an excellent pizza, and the other food that I saw looked pretty good, the place was packed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've only eaten out twice, both times I was on company business and not a jolly and the boss was being prudent Happy but it was still excellent and not cheap.

You may want to dial in a lunch in the nice part of the FIAT restaurant. I'll Double check name.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@neilkav, I seem to remember putting together a bit of a MdC restaurant guide once before here. I'll try and find it for you. Chalet Fiat is all a but Disney and, to me, doesn't feel quite right in the mountains. Not sure what the posh bit is like, but the 'cheap' bit was petty rubbish.

Le Roi, as per @Ian L's advice was one of my favourites. Really fun, buzzy Italian pizzeria (and more) and excellent value.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@neilkav, Try this..... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2432045&highlight=roi#2432045

If you need more info then you might send a PM to Campiglio. He is the 'Dominic' mentioned in my post and knows a huge amount about MdC
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, Le Roi sounds like a definate

@foxtrotzulu, thanks very much.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were in Madonna last March for 5 days and would recommend Le Roi too and ended up eating there 3 times, we loved it. Going to Cortina this March and have been trawling TripAdvisor trying to find a Le Roi equivalent!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@foxtrotzulu, The Fiat restaurant is really rather good. Agree, the self service is very much of not much.

I think we had a dinner in RISTORANTE ARTINI which was rather good but possible to spend as much as you wanted.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Neil
Here's a list of my recommended restaurants from michelin star establishments to mountain refuges.
http://www.enchantedholidays.co.uk/madonna-di-campiglio/going-out/restaurants/

All the best and enjoy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Campiglio, thanks for the link do you know when the little deli that is opposite Cascina Zeledria on the mountain opens. is it just the weekends ?

looks cools for a pannini snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skimottaret the deli is part of Cascina Zeledria, which in turn is ownded by the Artini family who also own Hotel Campiglio Bellavista.
The deli is a great place for moutain honey, goat's cheeses and Italian sausage.
It is open every day during the winter season
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Campiglio, thanks for the info, I had a look in one day and looked fab but on a return visit it was closed midweek when I was keen on a panini, must have been a one off..
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's run by one guy only.
If he's off sick, then the the deli is just closed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Fucolore certainly used to be excellent. Traditional, great service and didn't break the bank.
snow report
Antico Focolare is run by the family who own the little 3 star hotel opposite - the Hotel Rosegarten.
Still good - in fact I always eat there at least two or three times when I'm in the resort.
It's open all year round and you can order food right up to 11.00pm
Dom
snow conditions
Antico Focolare is run by the family who own the little 3 star hotel opposite - the Hotel Rosegarten.
Still good - in fact I always eat there at least two or three times when I'm in the resort.
It's open all year round and you can order food right up to 11.00pm
Dom
snow conditions
Hot chocolate (and rum) at the bar in the Viviani refugio have to be some of the best anywhere.
snow report
@Campiglio, brilliant thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy