Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking of a long weekend mid March and wondered if anyone had any experience of this area.
Certainly it doesn't look a big area but enough for a few days ?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love Alpbach.

I went there about 2 years ago with a friend for a week. Both of us are reasonable skiers (tackle reds and easy blacks, not with much grace). There was enough there for a week, just, but we didn't mind repeating runs several times when we found good snow etc.

The skiing itself is fairly easy, we never found anything too challenging, so if you are a better than average skier you might get bored.

http://skimap.skijuwel.com/?Lang=en

Runs 54/55/55a left of the Wiedersberger Horn, 11 and 13 on Schatzberg and 47 from the main ski area to the village were our favourites. The wiedersberger horn didn't get well usedwhen we were there (maybe because it's a bit out the way), so one morning we had fresh powder on the pistes for a couple of hours as the piste basher hadn't made it there.

Some nice food around but I can't remember where I'm afraid. All in all we had a great week, but it's quite pricey for what is it (we are going to Serre Chevalier next week for less money).

Lovely village, great for families, not for experts. I'm not sure what the snow would be like mid-march though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@huntleth,
Thanks
I am going with my son and whilst we want to ski first lift to last (we only have 2 1/2 days) we wouldn't mind a bit of après when we finish for the day, is there anything you could recommend or is it back to the hotel bar?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're staying in Alpbach then I think you'll be limited to the hotel bar. If you're in Inneralpbach then I think there are a couple of bars around but I don't have any experience of it I'm afraid, we were on a budget when I went so we stuck to a pint at lunch and a crate for the evening.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you're staying in Alpbach then I think you'll be limited to the hotel bar

It was a long time ago that I stayed in Alpbach but there were several bars, including one jolly one with skittles.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

If you're staying in Alpbach then I think you'll be limited to the hotel bar

It was a long time ago that I stayed in Alpbach but there were several bars, including one jolly one with skittles.

I stand corrected - actually thinking back I can picture the area you are most likely thinking of. We stayed 'up the hill' and never fancied the walk down after a day of skiing. You have to walk further downhill than the nursery slopes to get there if I remember correctly and there indeed are a few restaraunts/bars there.

If you are already staying downhill from the nursery slopes (near the supermarket) then you would be in an ideal place to find the best bar. It's a small area so I can't imagine it'll be too challenging.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went to Alpbach in mid-March two seasons ago; the snow conditions were becoming marginal low down but higher up it was good enough. One thing that pleased me was how the slopes cleared at about 3.15pm, it was like having a private mountain for the last hour or so.
Joe's Salett'i at the bottom of the Inneralpbach gondola was about the liveliest bar after skiing; the Kam-in lounge in Reith was superb and unbelievably good value for beer, wine and cocktails!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy