Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau Half Term 2015

Poster: A snowHead
A trip report of our Austrian trip.

Edit, sorry, hiccup with posting, report below.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-02-15 19:11; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking forward to it, @Minimum_2, snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Succinct,
Hope you all had a great time. snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Minimum_2, too busy having fun to write it up? wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello snowHead

This week we are on a trip in Flachau. We started the journey on Friday at 11pm and arrived in Holidayloverxx's apartment at 7:15pm on Saturday night.We then hastily unpacked and went to sleep...

On Sunday we had a late start and consequently the queues at the bottom of the Achter Jet were massive. We did a bit of free skiing from Flachau to Wagrain. We arrived at the Auholfalm and had very tasty roast chicken and ribs with a plate of chips. For dessert we shared a plate of Kaisserschmarrn with jammy, stewed fruit. It was a glorious blue sky day, suncream was needed! In the evening we had a wonderful meal with Kooky and Scarpa. Big thank you to you both

The next day, after getting ready, we got on the Achter Jet and rode to the top. We then went up the Starjet several times and skied down. We then met our Instructor at 10 o'clock and had some fun. He taught us how to carve faster whilst we all hurtled down the slopes. Then we skied around the Spacejet area with him for the rest of the 2 hours. After the lesson was over, we met up with Megamum and skied to the Auholfalm again, where we met up with FraserP who was holding a table for us with a pint of beer in his hand. We had the same meal as the day before, have you guessed yet that its our favourite? It was another sunny day but even hotter in the day and colder in the night.

On Tuesday we woke up extra early and were the first people on the Achter Jet. We had our second session with our instructor and he had asked to start at 9 o'clock.
We skied the up and down the Rote8er run a couple of times and also went up Spacejet 2 several times. We all would've liked to do some off piste but as the snow was very hard it wasn't possible. As this was Shrove Tuesday it was carnival in the area people were dressed up in many costumes such as:
A cow, Saucy ketchup bottle, Wilma and Betty (Flintstones), bee's, clowns, Mario and Luigi, Superman, hotdog, Tamba, bannana, tortilla, Tequila bottle and many many others. That day we went to the Auholfalm again and had tiroler groestl. For our evening meal we had delicious Spaghetti Bolognese and for dessert pancakes.

Today (Wednesday) another early start saw us first on the Achter Jet again. We Used Starjet 3 to get to the top and then skied down to Spacejet 2 a couple of times before stopping off in a mountain hut on the side of the world cup piste (by the way we all thought it was skiing very well with good smooth snow). We all had delicious food. I ate a massive bowl of chips and wurst, which was very tasty! I then was given a exceptionally large portion of Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce. No one thought I would be able to eat it after the main, but after Minimum_1 challenged me I made sure I did! Although I won the challenge it made me feel more like a Weeble (Weebles Wobble) than a skier after finishing it! Another very warm sunny day although it started off with very thick fog in Flachau.

So far this week (and also apparently for the rest of this week) it has been very sunny with wall to wall blue skies and very hot. In Wagrain it got up to 13 degrees!
Although over night temperatures drop well below freezing, one night even getting as low as -12 degrees (that's a 25 degree swing in a 24 hour period!)

The snow conditions are good despite being a bit hard in the shade, although I would like some fresh stuff.

This has been my week so far and I am not looking forward to leaving on Saturday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
great report, sounds fun. Congrats on being first up the big lift! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Minimum_2, great report, thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Minimum_2,
Less succinct, but a great report ,enjoy the rest of your week. snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great to hear you are all having a lovely time, enjoy the rest of your week and have lots of fun x
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Minimum_2, Great report! Well done on finishing the Apfelstrudel, but as you say afterwards it makes you more of a wibbly wobbly weeble than a downhill racer! Laughing

P.S I believe Megamum got a new visor style helmet last year after I'd posted that I'd got one and as a spectacle wearer I found it preferable to wearing goggles which often caused spectacle fogging problems. How is she liking the new 'Space Cadet' helmet? Toofy Grin I don't think she need worry too much about the fashion police though as I'm seeing more and more visor style helmets being worn! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Minimum_2, Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday as much as the first four days snowHead .
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink she says that although she has only worn it in sunny days so far she is really liking it.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Minimum_2, That's good to hear, I certainly like mine!

P.S You said you had an evening meal with Kooky and Scarpa - was he wearing his lederhosen? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, he decided it wouldn't match his pink dressing gown and fluffy slippers.
snow report
@Minimum_2, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It was really great to see you all again, so happy you are having a lovely time xx Are you still all ribbing mum about looking like an extra from Star Wars Cool
snow conditions
@Minimum_2, haha!
snow report
@Kooky, Maybe just a bit but it's not bothering her! Very Happy

Hello everyone, today we went skiing down the world cup run and the conditions weren't bad at all, in fact quite good considering that this particular piste lies in the shade. After this we went down the Flying Mozart towards the Auhofalm where we stopped for a delicious lunch of Roast chicken and chips and Wurstlii with chips which we shared between us. Once near the bottom of SpaceJet 2 the snow was still skiable although Minimum_2 took a tumble and bent his ski pole a bit! Minimum_2 's tumble looked rather spectacular on the video camera which he was wearing.! Very Happy
Overall the day was fantastic and I had a great time. The pistes were good, a little scraped in places by the end of the day, but otherwise quite nice . Also the weather continued to stay fine and blue skies all day.
ski holidays
@Minimum_1, @Minimum_2, lovely read your reports as usual; enjoy the rest of the week ...and leave some snow for the rest of us wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy