Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens 02/01/2016

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am looking to book early for 2016 to find the best place, ive found a hotel in Val Thorens for £925 which is ski to door, half board, included lift pass and ski hire, personally I thought this was a pretty good deal for January 2nd? any other opinions? is waiting till last minute more beneficial?
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I havent looked at how tour operators are pricing that week but if not included as a peak week its going to be one of the low season weeks and you may get agood deal on a chalet offer at the last minute. Generally you dont seem to get the same deals on hotels. Is that including transport and how good is the hotel?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hotel is very nice! It included everything, flights transfer etc £925 is a lot but for the full package doesn't seem that much?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
January 2nd, the week following the peak weeks of Christmas and New Year is always one of the cheapest weeks of the season. That could be why it seems such a good deal.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For that week, especially if there are just 2 of you, I'd be inclined to wait for a last minute deal. If the snow is generally poor and the weather too warm you'd be glad to be up in Val Thorens but if the snow is generally good it would be nicer to be somewhere a bit less moonscape-ish, and with some trees.

(and with cheaper lunch spots.....)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm yeah its a tough decision, I totally agree with you in that everyone says Val T is bleak with no trees, but then again its the safe bet, tough decision
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would wait until 7-10 days to go, then see where the snow conditions are good and book a last minute deal. Since there's 2 of you, going for a week, in low season- you're a perfect candidate to get a good deal. I tried early booking and got a 'deal' of £1900 all in (loads of ringing round to get that deal). Found the same deal at the last minute for £1500- just press the button and fill in the details.

Last minute this year yielded a 3* half board all in price of £1750 for three at Ellmau in January, plus we got an apartment upgrade. I recon you'd pay £500+ more if you booked early for that.

Late all the way snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah think I might leave it and follow the snow, I good hotel is always part of it for me and they seen hard to come by last minute
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably all comes down to what hotel it is. I assume the lift pass is VT + Orelle only and not the full 3V's so the lift pass and ski hire is roughly £230 meaning the rest of the holiday is just under £700. If its a nice hotel then it is probably worth it but if not I would wait.

I personally love VT and will return again next year, I think what some see as bleak I see as rugged beauty.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its hotel Tango if you recognise it? I think it might just be an instinct decision to book
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've stayed in Tango and really liked it so I wouldn't argue if you wanted to book it
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd wait til just before. Tour operators obviously love you to book ages in advance but it's unnecessary and any discount will always be marginal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@GO1996, Russian new year that week so it will still be pretty busy - could you wait a week?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@red 27, not really it's my only week off Uni without New year week-too expensive
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ah - right. Still a good week to go, we always used to go that week - the perfect antidote to the post-Crimbo hangover snowHead
snow report
@red 27, exactly haha
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy