Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Megeve bus over to Jaillet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know where I can get the bus from Megeve over to the Jaillet area? We're staying in St Gervais and want to ski over to La Giettaz but don't know where the bus leaves from in Megeve .. can I get it from the bottom of Princess lift? Or do I have to go over to the main Megeve area? Any idea of how frequently they run?

I drove over to Jaillet last year and it was a nightmare .. had to park miles downhill from the Jaillet lift .. no fun.

Had a very nice day in Notredame de Bellecombe today .. skied over to Crest Vollande and got the bus back .. off to Les Gets on Wed or Thurs .. great Feb week so fat after a such a miserable start to the winter season ..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bpirkle, was it busy in Notre Dame? I find it's often much quieter than Les Saisies. The new Bellasta lift is good - did you try that?

Don't know about busses in Megeve but parking there, too, is likely to be busy this week. But presumably you could swap busses in the centre, by the tourist office, even if there isn't a direct one from the Princesse to Le Jaillet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a big car park at the bottom of the Cret du Midi lift in Praz sur Arly but of course that doesn't get you to Megeve!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pam w, we didn't wait in a lift line for more than a minute or 2 all day .. seeing that this is supposedly the busiest week of the year I find that amazing .. every weekend in Vermont there's a 20 minute wait min at every lift.

The Bellasta lift .. is that the one you pick up on the other side of the valley . after the 2 man chair from the top of Regue? I thnk we did .. it's a big improvement over the old chair .. I think we used to take a long drag up from there too ..

We are staying in St Gervais so I plan to get the telecabin up to Bettex, then up to Mt D'arbois and over to Megeve .. if the busses all go from the main area then I'll just wing it and see how we go ...

Alternative is to drive to Flumet and then up the road to La Giettaz but we did that once and it was something of an adventure ..

Will post a trip report .. if we make it home ..

Brien
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bpirkle, You could also drive to Combloux, the carpark there is bigger than Jaillet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bpirkle, No, the Bellasta lift is entirely new, opens up a whole new mountainside. It's on the Les Saisies lift pass but you need an Espace Diamant pass to ski back from it (without crossing an unpisted and rather shallow powder field). The new lift in Notre Dame is certainly a great improvement over the slow old one, though. The drag has been removed. Was a bit of a sod - a jerk you off your feet type.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure if this is still any use, but you can get on a free horse-drawn carriage ("liaison caleche") from the bottom of the red run Calvaire that goes from Mont D'Arbois down to the main village of Megeve round to Le Jaillet. I know this because I almost got on it by mistake on Thursday last week. What I don't know is how frequent it is or how long it takes.

The Megeve piste map also has information about buses between the various places (eg from Rochebrune to Le Jaillet, or from Mont D'Arbois to Le Jaillet) on the back so worth having a look at that.

Otherwise I agree with rjs that if you have a car then it would be a good option to drive to Combloux and park at Le Cry. Then you will be able to spend more time enjoying Combloux/La Giettaz rather than worrying about getting there and getting back.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from our day trip to Giettaz .. After considering the options I decided to park at Combloux which was an excellent idea ... Took me a bit to find the main lift area and had to walk up to buy passes bit all in it worked really well ... Weanaged to navigate over to Giettaz with out much trouble and skiied most of the reds over there .. Nicely groomed and very little ice .. Looked to be a fair amount of off piste over there too ... We like ski days where we go somewhere so now this is part of our annual rota .. May try to ski all the way from St Gervais on Friday .. Definitely doable but will need to get out early and hope the bus or carriage transfer doesn't slow us down too much .. Thanks for the excellent advice ... Brien
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from our day trip to Giettaz .. After considering the options I decided to park at Combloux which was an excellent idea ... Took me a bit to find the main lift area and had to walk up to buy passes bit all in it worked really well ... Weanaged to navigate over to Giettaz with out much trouble and skiied most of the reds over there .. Nicely groomed and very little ice .. Looked to be a fair amount of off piste over there too ... We like ski days where we go somewhere so now this is part of our annual rota .. May try to ski all the way from St Gervais on Friday .. Definitely doable but will need to get out early and hope the bus or carriage transfer doesn't slow us down too much .. Thanks for the excellent advice ... Brien
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh didn't spot this thread before but sounds like you got yourself sorted anyway - glad you had a good time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@miranda, We had such a terrific time in La Giettaz on Tuesday we went back on Friday .. great way to finish a great week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brien_pirkle/16435529620/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@pam w, On Thursday we headed back to Bellecombe and skied over to the new Bellasta chair in Saisies .. it has to be the most advanced chair lift I've ever been on .. and the runs down to it are impressive .. we only stayed over there for a couple of loops and both were on the blue Cave piste as it was nice and soft and awesomely long ..

Thanks for the tip!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@bpirkle, yes, it's a terrific addition to the area. The amount of off-piste between the runs had my son's eyes lighting up. We have had a new lift almost every year, for some time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bpirkle, that's a lovely spot to sit and soak up the views!

I must check out this new Bellasta chair - sounds amazing! The ED definitely does seem to invest a fair amount each year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@miranda, well worth a visit. There's a smart new restaurant - forget the exact name, something like Coeur du Diamant - up on the ridge between Notre Dame and Les Saisies. Stunning position. Must have amongst the best views in the area. Not to be confused with the tatty (and cold) cowshed where a hopeful Savoyard is selling some awful coffee and hot chocolate, on the slope just under the Bellasta chair. I was amused that the signs to "restaurant" were to his establishment; he evidently knows somebody.

The Bellasta lift is a bit odd in that it's on the Saisies pass but to get back to Saisies from it (or the new restaurant) you need a Notre Dame pass.

The terrain at the bottom of the chair is very boggy - I suspect they are going to have some problems down there at the end of season; they might need to put in some extra drainage.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy