Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with Kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Entirely agree that once they are capable, you let them go off by themselves (on piste). Skiing on piste means there are other people around and there are highly professional and competent rescue services who can be summoned in minutes.

Yes, keep a beady eye sometimes to make sure they are not being stupid - out of control. And if they are, that's the end of unaccompanied skiing for a bit. Evil or Very Mad

My three always spent time off with their cousins, or other kids met in chalet/hotel. And that was in the days before the ubiquitous mobile phone. They never came to any harm but if they had, that proves nothing - people get badly injured skiing with friends and family, too. I fairly often ski on piste alone - sometimes when there is nobody else in my apartment, so a disabling injury, however minor, would be a bit of a nuisance. Will cross that bridge when I come to it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RobW wrote:
I've given up even trying to keep up with my 13yo...

http://youtube.com/v/vRARPcVCb-c

That's great to see. He's come on a bit since you were in BW!
Our 5 year old is getting the hang of it now and our 2 year old will be giving it a go this year.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's great to see. He's come on a bit since you were in BW!
Our 5 year old is getting the hang of it now and our 2 year old will be giving it a go this year.[/quote]

Nooooo.... Stop, you'll only regret it in years to come!!!when they get older They'll end up skiing way better than you, making you buy all the drinks at every stop, getting drunk and missing a days skiing after you paid for the lift pass, they'll get you to do daft stuff like ski over jumps that are way beyond you're skill level then laugh when you actually land the right way up, make you follow them one day when you'll fall and break your knee, while you're in hospital they'll be in hotel bar having drinks bought for THEM !! And do they carry your skis to the lift in a morning as you get old? Nooooo...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

getting drunk and missing a days skiing after you paid for the lift pass

almost.... I had paid for my son to join a "fast guided" day trip in the PDS. The night before a gang of them from the chalet had got very drunk (Old Lady Gin from the supermarket, they couldn't afford to get drunk at bar prices), a very attractive blonde who fancied him had decided to demonstrate judo on him. She had never done any judo.......broke her collar bone. They had called an ambulance and been to the hospital where she'd been strapped up (son, who spoke 4 words of French was translator) and finally got to bed at around 5am. Big sister of collarbone girl told us about it at breakfast and was full of praise for son's help rolling eyes . I was about to get cross about the money wasted on the day's trip when he appeared, looking like death. He did the day and could remember nothing about it till lunchtime, when he'd begun to come round (the morning had included the black Swiss Wall run which wasn't in good nick, but he's an excellent skier and could do it in his sleep).

Skiing is probably about the only thing which would get him voluntarily up early and out, with a stinking hangover.

Big sister of airhead girl, who was a petro-geologist or similar working offshore and very level-headed, subsequently became the partner of one of my other son's great friends.

Family ski holidays - endless source of great memories!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, looks like I've got lots to look forward to!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy