Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spoliers in ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Those things at the rear of the boot at the top...what do they do Embarassed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never head of them but was intrigued...quick google and this http://www.epicski.com/t/28666/boot-spoilers

If they are designed to keep weight forward......need to get some for Mrs SB Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my boots they adjust the forward lean from 16 to 18 degrees.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, my dear wife struggles not to ski in the back seat.might they help?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They might help, or she might end up fighting the feeling of being tipped forwards. Worth a try if she has tried coaching etc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tell you Bruce Willis is really dead.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They've not been around for years, Salomon used them a lot in the X-wave line. I found them really uncomfy and didn't seem to add anything to my skiing, so removed them within a couple of days of buying the boots. I'm guessing it's what most people did, Salomon dropped them pretty quickly.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@landlockedpirate, Eh ? The new Langes` I bought this year must be really old stock, or are they just calling the velcroed pad on the back of the liner something else these days?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My new Dalbello boots came with them, but the fitter suggested removing them. His explanation was that too much forward lean causes a compensatory flex at the knee which leads to back seat skiing. That was exactly my major fault when skiing, and I was delighted to realise that a more upright stance instantly corrected it. I LOVE my new boots Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cstreat wrote:
@landlockedpirate, Eh ? The new Langes` I bought this year must be really old stock, or are they just calling the velcroed pad on the back of the liner something else these days?

It wasnt a pad on the original Salomon's, but a piece of solid plastic that could be adjusted in height between the liner and the shell. Really really uncomfortable, it especially used to dig in when sat on chair lifts or walking. It looks like the Lange version uses the same name but is completely different.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My Fischer progressors have a spoiler for "on piste" or "off piste" mode. I've been playing around with it a little, and am now going to blame it for my poor mogul skiing this weekend gone, definitely not my fault, no siree...

"The boot can be adapted according to the respective snow conditions. Removed spoiler for more forward lean and hard piste conditions (On Piste Mode). Lowered spoiler for less forward lean for deep snow and soft piste conditions."
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy