Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Budgetary half term flight costs???

Poster: A snowHead
Short question:

I realise this is a "How long is a piece of string" type of question, but for budgetary purpose how much are folk paying for half term flights this year from Leeds/Manchester (or nearby airports). family of four, 2 adults, 2 teenagers

Long explanation:

We usually drive at Easter, next year we need to go at half term so just trying to look at some options. Youngest has asked if we can fly next year!! Looking at Italy, so flights to Verona/Venice/Innsbruck I guess are all viable.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do not rule out Milan, Turin and Bergarmo airports.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, You need to book them as soon as they're released after that prices rise very quickly. I'd hazard a guess that you stand more chance of getting a good price to Verona or Venice. I always found Zurich good for getting a decent price, went there for 3 half terms (not from Leeds though). I always got a reasonable price using this approach and went to Zermatt, Laax (both before Swiss Franc went silly) and St Anton at half term very economically.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, yes, book as soon as flights come out (not 40 minutes later.....)

Turin airport is a very long way from the Dolomites. Milan closer, but Venice or Verona better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks I am aware I need to book quickly, but I have no idea if I am budgeting £1000 or £2000.....that is all I am trying to establish..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Turin airport is a very long way from the Dolomites

Yes, but very close to the Monterosa resorts (also in Italy)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For 4 somewhere in the middle of those 2 figure would be my guess.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@kitenski, most of my UK half-term visitors seem to drive so that may reflect the flight costs. Putting in New Year dates in the search engines might give you a bit of a clue as to possible fares? I've just tried Gatwick to Turin with BA, and it is about £400 pp. Now I assume these fares would have been cheaper when they were first released.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I usually used to get flights for about £150 each inc luggage and one ski bag. BUT haven't been at half term since 2012 and did book the minute they came out.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski,
If you time it right half term flights are about £200 each with a decent carrier. It's cheaper going to the less ski-centric airports like Munich or Basel/Mullnouse, Zurich is OK as well. Innsbruck & Salzburg tend to be higher prices - I don't usually look at France.

Booking as early as possible is usually best.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@musher, thanks, does that inc luggage and ski carriage??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski, Your problem may be less the price and more the availability of the routes, especially outside France. I can't comment on prices at half term, but having spent some time over the last 3 or 4 years trying to get various numbers of people from Yorkshire to Verona/Innsbruck/Venice areas, lack of flights is usually the stumbling block. Manchester is usually the best bet, though Liverpool sometimes works out too and you can park right next to the terminal. Leeds is just up the road for me too, but I haven't found a useful route from there in years.

If you can go on a Sunday, Monarch fly Manchester-Innsbruck and I think Easyjet do one too. If you need Saturday, they go to Verona, but don't rule out KLM's cityhopper via Amsterdam - the 2 flights are short and if you time it right, you can have lunch in Schipol airport before the second leg.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jet2 Leeds Bradford to Salzburg?

edit flights already out - if 13th Feb is half term, £390 per person without bags Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jet 2 are usually megamoney
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In the days when I had to do half-terms (I am a retired teacher) I used to book quite early through Expedia or similar and often get flights -usually to Geneva - on Lufthansa that staged through Munich or Frankfurt. This sometimes involved a small hanging around but never more than an hour or so. Flights were all under £200, but this was a few years ago.

snowHead
latest report
When we used to fly at half term I would book 2 sets of single fares...outbound then return.

Each would be booked with BA at about 30seconds past midnight on the day they were released, usually cost about £120 return.

By 7.00am they would be nearly double that! Well worth a late night.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy