Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpbach, Ellmau or somewhere else?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some divine inspiration. Flights booked to Munich on 6th March for a long weekend with our 4 and 6 year olds who have both done a couple of weeks before.

The original plan was to look at the snow report and forecast the week before and then book accommodation in the best area. However looking searching for accommodation in likely spots there isn't much availability.

I found 2 good options...
- Das Galtenberg Kinderhotel in Alpbach
- Kasierblick in Ellmau

Logic says go to the Kinderhotel because we have kids but heart says Kaiserblick (probably beacuse it won't be overrun with kids). I really can't decide, to help me out of my indecisiveness any insider information these hotels, Alpbach/Ellmau in mid-March, ski schools, etc. would be awesome. Also if there is a magic release of hotel rooms a few days before we travel and I can stop panicing it would be good to know!

We’ll ski with the kids 1 1/2 days and they’ll have lessons for the other 2 days, my wife and I are both intermediateish and may grab some private lessons just to help delay when our children become faster than us. I snowboarded in Skiwelt many years ago and had a great time, Alpbach looks similar but much smaller and think both would be good for us but open to any other suggestions. I'll be skiing this time and hopefully have my first pair of ski boots having failed to convert my wife to snowboarding.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally ? Alpbach with young kids, first time out
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I really love Ellmau and took my children there for brilliant holidays. But for a long weekend, with the main aim being for the children to have a great time, it has to be Alpbach. Save Ellmau for a week next year
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bear in mind that the galtenberg is not in alpback but in inneralbach. this is perfect as its where the lifts start but not so god if you wanted the charm of the village. i have only staryed in the village but the galtenberg gets fabulous feedback. check it out on mumsnet. we have lunch there and it was nice and certainly convenient for the ski school.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We stayed at Kaiserblick last year - it is lovely. Even if there are kids there you won't notice them - my three spent their time in the playroom and snooker room. And from there you can ski directly to the Hartkaiserbahn (snow permitting). This year and last we have had lessons from the 1st Ellmauer SkiSchool - It's amazing how far the kids go. My son was in Heavenly last year and is very dismissive about the scale of it - scornful that you had to ski the same slope twice! Not a problem he's had in SKiwelt!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Belated thanks for the recommendations, we stayed at the Galtenberg up the road from Alpbach in Inneralbach. All worked out very well - just wished we could have stayed longer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy