Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

morzine-avoriaz Haute forts ascent and descent via couloir d'ankerne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, luckily find one of my drivers swapping vans on the drive after I gave my van out on monday, ask for a lift to prodains, offer accepted. Quick blast up prodains, hammer to grande combes and another rapid uplift and its 12.30. Now starts the climb, skin tracks were average, strange routes but worth following, until they ended prematurely, with little option to carry on.

Time to boot out, rucksack the skis and crack on. Initially good, soon found that the most director route involved a good inch of ice over fresh, and since I'd committed it seemed pointless to back out. Genuine brown pant moments to make it through the next 15, but eventually found more fresh, cracked on and reached the first flat. Good opp for pictures, but I knew the harder part was to come.

Luckily the via ferrata cables could be pulled out from the horrifically windblown snow, providing a guided, if not totally safe route up the rocks to come. Anyone who hasn't climbed in ski boots before, its not as bad as you think, once they're on something solid, a god bit of ankle movement and upper strength allows for remarkable movements.

After 90 mins of skiing and climbing, the summit, 2466m, haute forts sign, time for some pictures and a quick drink, not ashamed to say I had a quick gloat about being the highest bloke in the Chablis at that moment.

Dash down the ridge and its 60ft wide, and suddenly narrows, and it's time to pick a route. Neither looks good, everything says take the skis off, but after stripping skins, messing with markers, adren Aline kicks in and its time to take some risks. Using the 'off' side of the ridge to slingshot onto the couloir, I manage to stop, take the money shots, and then its drop time.

Hard, crusty, not enjoyable, a total of 2 mins to access back to the loft I left 120 mins ago, worth it? 100%.

If anyone can talk me though posting photos from an android moto g, I'll post them up. [/img]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@matteevan90, you. Are. Mad. And I am really looking forward to the pix. Well done!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mad, bored, overworked, somewhere there's a difference.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://imgur.com/a/zyqvE

Pics available here, unfortunately phone camera quality.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NIce. You are not as mad as I thought you were, I was thinking you meant the couloir in the middle of the Dents du Midi - but still a great effort. Pity the snow wasn't so great!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://m.imgur.com/JZQCPwh

Apologies. The descent.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yikes. That doesn't look like much fun!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy