Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help wanted with Chamonix ski technology test

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads!

I'm from a group of Imperial students/graduates researching the bio-mechanics of skiing. We record many metrics related to skiing using various types of sensors placed into ski boots.

So far we've done a lot of testing on dry slopes in the UK with racing skiers and instructors (Including a test with Warren Smith at Hemel in December). From the 23rd of February to the 2nd of March my team and I are going to Chamonix to ski with the British Ski Academy (BSA). During this time we'll be mainly working with the racers of the BSA, but while we're in Chamonix it'd be great to ski with a few of the local ski instructors.

If you are a techy/geeky minded instructor in the Chamonix area we'd really appreciate your help collecting examples of ski data. The test would allow us to expand our dataset and eventually develop algorithms identifying different ski techniques. We can review the raw data on laptops straight after skiing for people with technical backgrounds who are interested.

PM me or post here if you are interested/would like to hear more details.

Cheers,
Jamie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi jamiegrant, try posting on chamsocial.com, it's a forum for Chamonix locals, seasonnaires and workers.
Additionally, you could get in touch with the local ski schools (Evolution 2, Tinderbox, BASS Chamonix, ESF to name a few).

Good luck!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the tips!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Everyone in Cham is so cool they don't ride piste's or use ski instructors, especially so on chamsocial.com

In all seriousness besides the BSA in les Houches and young french race kids there are not many racers around in Cham Valley. The same goes for serious piste skiers. Perhaps in Megeve, les Contamines or Flaine you would find more people to help you out. Or Courmayeur in Italy, hey have great pistes!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OliC, looks like they're interested in testing the tech with instructors rather than racers. Plenty of instructors in Cham!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry I am away doing an IML exam in the Pyrenees otherwise I'd love to help - give Dee and Alison a shout at BASS, both very techy and can ski better than anyone you've met (yes including the racers you may know)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dee (at BASS) is fantastic! Best lessons I've ever had.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy