Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Questions about setting bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I'm new to the site, so first of all.. Hello Smile I'm a new skier and have just took delivery of my second pair of skis (the bindings in the first pair were too small for my boots). The new skis are Salomon Crossmax 08 with Salomon S810 bindings. I have set the bindings up to what I believe are the correct settings - the heel of the boot drops in and sits against the lower heel nicely. I have had to move the heel binding quite far back though and just want to make sure they're not too far back, i.e going to fall off whilst skiing!

Appreciate your help, thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hard to tell from the photos but there's an arrow on the adjustment tab at the back - this must be within the scribed area to maintain correct forward pressure. Have you checked the front end too - need to make sure there is the correct clearance under the toe of the boot...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've highlighted the arrowhead here - there should be corresponding "grooves" either side which it should sit within when the boot is in the binding.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Dashed, does this image make it easier to see the "grooves"?

The arrows look to be sitting at the very back of the rails to me.

I have adjusted the heigh of the front binding if that's what you mean? I real it should be 0.5mm or just touching the bottom of the binding (AFD?), so I've adjusted it so it's just touching and no more. I've also adjusted the toe cup width so that both side are just touching the boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's looks too tight to me - arrow should sit within the notched out area (sorry - notched rather than grooves on that model) Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry that's too loose not too tight.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mt feet are only a size 10 why does nothing fit Sad So would it be dangerous to ski like that? I could maybe push it forward one notch but the boot wouldn't sit down as easily and would need a gentle push to sit on the lower heel.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you adjusted the front binding there is a screw at the front very low down ( beneath the din setting screw ) If the front binding is set pretty far back then you will max out at the back with a size 10 boot but if set to max ( the furthest forward ) it should give more than enough safe clearance.

From the position in the pics it looks like the heel unit will be free sliding out of the rear as the clip will not engage into the holes that lock it in place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
speed098 wrote:
Have you adjusted the front binding there is a screw at the front very low down ( beneath the din setting screw ) If the front binding is set pretty far back then you will max out at the back with a size 10 boot but if set to max ( the furthest forward ) it should give more than enough safe clearance.

From the position in the pics it looks like the heel unit will be free sliding out of the rear as the clip will not engage into the holes that lock it in place.

There doesn't seem to be another screw on the front of the toe binding other than the DIN setting. There is a screw on the side for adjusting the toe width and one on top for adjusting the toe height. Maybe the S810 toe binding doesn't move forward?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 12-02-15 4:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@StevenF,

Not sure I have pilot S912Ti bindings on a set of skis the screw I mention is on the front directly below the din screw but on the base part of the binding. I will try and find some info out but if you can not adjust the front binding like on the 912 then you may need someone like spyderjon to help you out. Do you have a few images of the front binding ? One from directly in front and one looking down into the toe piece from behind it.

Does the front binding look like this ?

http://image.frompo.com/3623302d0c2921386050c9d87f87017d

If you look at the white anti fricvtion plates on the toe piece behind them you can see curved lines marked into the plastic section. If your'slooks similiar but with the black piece that the friction pads are on almost near the back ( very few if any lines showing ) then you need to adjust the toe unit forward.

If there is no screw where I said then it may be behind a plastic cover ( but hopefully as I said spyderjon or someone who has the S810 can confirm this to you first ).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
speed098 wrote:
@StevenF,

Not sure I have pilot S912Ti bindings on a set of skis the screw I mention is on the front directly below the din screw but on the base part of the binding. I will try and find some info out but if you can not adjust the front binding like on the 912 then you may need someone like spyderjon to help you out. Do you have a few images of the front binding ? One from directly in front and one looking down into the toe piece from behind it.

Does the front binding look like this ?

http://image.frompo.com/3623302d0c2921386050c9d87f87017d

If you look at the white anti fricvtion plates on the toe piece behind them you can see curved lines marked into the plastic section. If your'slooks similiar but with the black piece that the friction pads are on almost near the back ( very few if any lines showing ) then you need to adjust the toe unit forward.

If there is no screw where I said then it may be behind a plastic cover ( but hopefully as I said spyderjon or someone who has the S810 can confirm this to you first ).

Thanks again Speed, here are some images of the front binding:

From that picture you sent, mine seem to be further back, but I can't see a screw to adjust them like you say.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 13-02-15 21:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@StevenF, Move the heel forward one slot, the outside point of the etched triangle on the metal tab should sit approx in the middle of the recessed notch. If it had a screw at the front it would have been a rental/ demo model.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@StevenF, shop manual with appropriate instructions can be downloaded here http://www.salomoncertification.com/manuals/SPM_06_web.pdf
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys, thank you for all your help so far but I'm struggling to understand something. From what you're saying, the two arrows on the rear adjustment plate should sit between the notched area pictures above? Even when I adjust the heel binding forward, it still doesn't sit in between the notched area. See the video bellow:

Thanks for the manual FreeRider, I have been using that to adjust the toe height and width, but I couldn't see any way to move the toe binding forward.

See video bellow

http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wonderboy_001/20150212_110255_001_zps6o4apq18.mp4

I thought I had everything set and good to go but it seems not. Might just take them into a shop and get them to adjust them for me.
snow conditions
@StevenF, You need to put the ski boot in the binding to check the forward pressure. Based in the video above that looks not to be the case.
snow report
Okay so I have partially solved the issue

I unscrewed 4 screws on the toe binding which revealed three different positions 1,2 and 3 for the toe binding. It was set at 2 and I moved it forward to position 1 and put everything back together.

The only issue I have now is aligning the arrows in the notched area which doesn't seem to align!
ski holidays
ski wrote:
@StevenF, You need to put the ski boot in the binding to check the forward pressure. Based in the video above that looks not to be the case.

As you can tell I've never done this before Embarassed

I have now adjusted the heel binding forward so that the arrows sit bang in the middle of the notches. The heel of the boot sits on the lower lip binding just and no more without being pushed in. I think that should be them sorted. Thank you everyone for your help in solving my problem!
latest report
Was about to reply you needed to undo the screws behind the friction pads ( same as some old Crossmax non pilot skis I picked up ).

Glad you have it sorted snowHead
latest report
@StevenF, To be very sure--- you did push the boot down into the binding so the heelpice snapped up (as you would when you step into the ski) --- then you can check the forward pressure. As you have moved the toepiece you need to verify that the boot centre aligns with with the ski centre. You will find index marks (small vertical bars) on the boot and on the ski.

After you are done, I'd take the skis into a shop and have them check them over just to be sure you are all good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy