Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

F is for Face Plant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A manoeuvre accomplished usually by crossing tips. It is usually performed under the chairlift which will of course be carrying pairs of howling teenagers.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've more often done the face plant when my skis have decided to go in opposite directions with me in the middle, but crossing tips can also work. Whatever happened to the anti ski-tip-crossing devices that were popular ten (fifteen?) years ago. I seem to remember that lots of people had strange box like devices fixed onto the top of the ski at the front, which stopped the other ski from getting too friendly... Seemed like a good idea at the time.
My other main face planting experience was when I tried to snowboard for the first time. Up on your feet, catch an edge, wham. Up on your feet again, catch an edge, wham. Maybe I shouldn't have tried doing this for the first time on a very hard and icy glacier, but by the end of that day I knew that snowboarding is only for the young and flexible at heart Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has to be said that face plants are usually a consequence of skiing under a (busy) chairlift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did it off piste......in the mud at school during a fire drill infront of all of year 9! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did it when I tried a bit of grass skiing by mistake just over a week ago. Extremely painful as I winded myself as well!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
haha my girlfriend did it infront of the whole class trying to show off, i couldnt be sympathetic to her. but i could laugh very loud!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy