Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pfffft... is anyone else...

Poster: A snowHead
Sitting here in the UK wishing they were out in the alps skiing in the sun today?

Hum. Born in the wrong country I was.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. I just spent two hours walking through snow in the Peaks and couldn't help but think it is an absolute bluebird day today. Ah well, five weeks today I'll be careering down the slopes of Meribel Valley. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wishing I was on the slopes but sat here watching the final two stages of the tour of Dubai, looking at some of the hills and wondering what sand/rock skiing would be like over there Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here it is snowy with flat light and a bit windy.......you wouldn't like it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My outdoor, on snow skiing has been limited this year to 2 days on the slopes of Sigulda in Latvia. The snow was poor, but acceptable and the slope short but much fun was had. But right now looking at the snow conditions and the sun, I wish I was in the Alps Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not just me then. Suspected as much Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
4 weeks today - seems like forever
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just one week left to wait, then Arabba here we come! Getting very excited now. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No sun here - it's dumping in Innsbruck.

But I don't have my skis with me after ISPO Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Five weeks to wait *sigh*
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@HoneyBunny, where are you off to? I keep seeing a forecast for sunshine and freeze-thaw conditions in the Three Valleys but, having "lived through" the winter of 2010/11, I'm forever optimistic that skiing can be done no matter what the conditions!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
7 weeks to wait.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try living in Australia

At least you're a short(ish) trip away from countless European resorts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Count down to 28th. of Feb!! snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's going to be busy in the 3 valleys around the 15th march it seems. 5 weeks for us too and counting the days but VT here we come. Very Happy
snow conditions
Lovely day on and off piste in Monterosa. Blue ski afternoon in Les Houches on piste, in excellent comdition

snowHead
snow report
@Brassballs, not least because the FIS are bringing the circus to town from the 18th. Any idea how we can expect the Alpine World Cup to affect how busy the resort/slopes are?
snow report
Yes. So I got a Job in Geneva and moved. Do it while you can and all that
latest report
@Astraeus, I wasn't aware that was planned. That could make it a lot more busier than we anticipated.
ski holidays
@Brassballs, afraid so!

http://activities-ski-resort.meribel.net/meribel2015.html

Expecting up to 70,000 people in resort throughout the week. I still don't know what effect it will have on the slopes. Surely most will be there for a day or two at most to see the event. Or do spectators use the event as an excuse to spend a week in each resort? I wonder if the 70,000 includes spectators who are already in Meribel as opposed to dedicated travellers.
ski holidays
Having spent a month over Xmas/New Year chasing snow then yes I am a tad jealous... But back out to Bormio for the English Alpine Championships later this week and they seem to have had masses of snow, so I really can't complain (much).

Biggest problem is going to be the summer when I'll have no holiday left at all and have to be in the office all the time....
ski holidays
Most certainly wish I was skiing instead of spending all my time job huunting!
latest report
Astraeus wrote:

Expecting up to 70,000 people in resort throughout the week. I still don't know what effect it will have on the slopes. Surely most will be there for a day or two at most to see the event. Or do spectators use the event as an excuse to spend a week in each resort? I wonder if the 70,000 includes spectators who are already in Meribel as opposed to dedicated travellers.

The Chaudanne area will be very busy, and parking will be extremely difficult. Apart from that, pistes are unlikely to be busier than usual
snow conditions
@Patch, I've just seen the 3D mock-up of the event which dedicates almost the entire Chaudanne to spectator areas and the finish area. I suspect I'll be doing first lift on those days and only coming back to Mottaret as the 'base'.
ski holidays
@Astraeus, plenty of other areas to ski though and no school holidays to worry about. Last day skiing will be Saturday 21st and then back to hotel to hopefully watch England win the 6 nations by beating France. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Brassballs, where are you staying when you're out there? I've just bought my 8-day pass (such a lovely feeling!) as we're in resort from 7 a.m. on 15th to 9 p.m. on 22nd. Can't wait.
latest report
Yep, as per @Nadenoodlee, I moved to geneva. And had a sunny but very windy day in avoriaz.
snow conditions
@Astraeus, we're staying in club meds new hotel (Sensations), which basically provides everything we need. Our 5th year with them so it works for us. We only get 6 days skiing usually although might be able to get the morning of 22nd as we don't leave resort until 2pm. Are you driving or on the train?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Brassballs, train this time around. It's a really straight forward connection even coming from the north of England and gets us a more comfortable trip in to resort than flying through Manchester and Geneva (a route I've done more times than I care to remember). True SH form if you're looking to use the 22nd as a ski day with an afternoon transfer! Wink
latest report
Astraeus wrote:
@HoneyBunny, where are you off to? I keep seeing a forecast for sunshine and freeze-thaw conditions in the Three Valleys but, having "lived through" the winter of 2010/11, I'm forever optimistic that skiing can be done no matter what the conditions!

Val d'Isere, my favourite!!
ski holidays
I moved to the "right country" so that I could ski 70 days a season.
ski holidays
7 weeks and yes I want to move there
ski holidays
2 weeks Saturday Very Happy Val d'Isere.
snow report
Travelling down on Thursday night to Vallandry for the week Very Happy This week cannot go fast enough
snow conditions
@clarky999, No skis just a bad head eh? Bet you were like a kid in a sweetshop there!

Lads on the plane last night all been on the stands and talking about it.

See you hopefully for a day skiing in 2 weeks (Warth week), or maybe St Anton week after if logistics easier........... wink
latest report
I nearly went out on Sunday but it was pretty blustery down in the valley so I went for a walk instead- we had fresh snow down in Seytroux @bleudegex,
ski holidays
2 weeks on Saturday Very Happy Serre Chevalier
ski holidays
Two weeks on Saturday Very Happy Paradiski
snow report
I'm pretty much done for the season now having had one week over the new year and just returned from a week in Les Deux Alpes.

Need to focus on the road bike and get some sort of fitness back in to my life.
snow report
4 weeks, Flaine... Aaaargh!! Waiting is kiling me
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy