Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach with children?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For our February half term trip 2016 I was recommended Saalbach (and also Westerndorf and St Johan and Kitzbuhel!) for tree lined and easy skiing for a nervous intermediate.

Saalbach looks lovely and I like the circuit idea. Also found a fab sounding guest house. But it looks like the apres ski is pretty full on!

Will it be child friendly at half term? I don't want to be surrounded by pissed up half naked teenagers at 4 pm!

Thanks (must be getting old...)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It will be fine. The apres is all very good-natured and fun, but easily avoided if it's not your thing. There are some lovely chilled out bars in the town as well, but even if you took the kids into the Hinterhag Alm party, there's no nakedness!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have had many successful ski holidays with the children staying at the Lengauerhof Hotel in Hinterglemm. the hotel is specifically family-friendly with a kids' club and kids' mealtimes (if you want - our children always ate with us in the main restaurant). The ski school picks up the children from the door by minibus in the morning and they can stay all day with lunch included if you wish. The ski bus stops outside the hotel too and it's just a couple of minutes to the first lift. The hotel offers its own sleigh rides up to a mountain restaurant - a surefire hit with the children. It is located at the top of the valley in a very quiet spot. We always went at New Year when it was busy (but not ridiculously so) and never encountered any unpleasant behaviour. I'm sure you will have a great time there. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@RosieL, Don't worry - Saalbach doesn't attract pissed up half naked teenagers. The après at Hinterhag, Bauers and Spitz in Saalbach and Goasstall in Hinterglemm is good-natured, if boozy. The resort doesn't really have any dirt-cheap accommodation for teenagers and at half-term is full of families. So much so that the après is comparatively quiet at the moment despite the resort being full. The main ski schools all have excellent programmes for children - Snowacademy and Furstauer in Saalbach or Snow & Fun and Ski Alpin in Hinterglemm. As @FionaG, writes, many of the larger hotels also have in-house kids' clubs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's great. Thank you all so much, you've really put my mind at rest. It sounds like the perfect spot for us.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@RosieL, We went to Saalbach last February with our 4 and 6 year olds. We stayed at the Hotel Konig as the Snowacademy beginners ski school area is behind the hotel and it made the morning drop off and pick ups easy! We would head to the Bauer for some (afternoon) après ski and sit outside and it was fine with children. Logistically, Saalbach is a great resort as it is easy to ski the circuit, or up and down one side the valley and get back to Saalbach relatively quickly if necessary. The après ski can get lively later on in the 'ski boot dancing on the table' sense but it's fine! It was our 3rd trip to Saalbach (1st with children) and it has never disappointed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Hayls. How did you find the hotel?I'm looking for fairly simple accomodation with a good peaceful location and must have a nice lounge/bar with a fire (non-smoking)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RosieL, I'm sure that my daughter would love to be surrounded by half-naked teenagers (mind you, she's a bit older). She'd be disappointed by @HoneyBunny's reply. Saalbach sounds like a great resort, mind. May have to suggest it to family for next year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ha yes dobby- give my 3 boys another 5 years and I'm sure they'd love it too! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@RosieL, hotel was good - not luxurious but comfortable. It had a lounge area/bar, cosy restaurant and a decent choice of food. Our room was a good size (four of us shared). It was on the main road but our room was at the back so nice and quiet. No smoking in the rooms and I can't recall anyone smoking in the lounge. I've forgotten the law regarding smoking indoors in Austria. The proximity to the ski school was a major bonus for us and the price!

www.hotelkoenig.at
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@RosieL, I've stayed in the Hotel Konig as well, highly recommend it. Best food I've had on a ski holiday, good location, great staff and nice rooms. Don't go to Bauer's SportHotel, the lounge is VERY smoky.

@dobby, it's still a brilliant laugh! If she wants nakedness, try Ischgl Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy