Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted: 2 Flights Salzburg/Austria 14/15 Feb rtn 21/22nd from any UK airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know this is a long shot but does anybody have 2 Flight tickets available to Salzburg/Austria/Munich for this coming weekend 14/15 Feb and returning 21/22nd from any UK airport.

Or even somebody with space in car and wants to share the cost.

We are trying to fly out, but prices have gone through the roof so didn't know if anybody may unfortunately need to cancel theirs for any reason.

Thanks in advance for any help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't help you on the flights, but we had the same problem and decided to take the train, which is much cheaper. Look at Deutsche Bahn website - you might be able to get a London Spezial ticket. Can do London to Salzburg in a day, or break journey overnight in Brussels or Paris. Also take a look at the Seat61 website if this is of interest.

Alternatively, if you can cope with a longer transfer, you could try Munich instead?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try friedrichafen with Monarch from Gatwick. Or. Memmingen from Stanstead with Ryanair. But look out for ski carriage costs with Ryanair..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dachzoad, I suspect that with many airlines, certainly easyJet, if you change names on a flight you not only pay a charge to change, you also pay the difference between the original flight cost and the current (through the roof) cost. If not, people could make a fortune becoming "ticket touts". wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep. for sure Ryan air charge for name changes. was £50 per person and per flight if I recall correctly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rg1 wrote:
I can't help you on the flights, but we had the same problem and decided to take the train, which is much cheaper. Look at Deutsche Bahn website - you might be able to get a London Spezial ticket. Can do London to Salzburg in a day, or break journey overnight in Brussels or Paris. Also take a look at the Seat61 website if this is of interest.

Alternatively, if you can cope with a longer transfer, you could try Munich instead?

Good idea, I hadn't thought of that. Good website recommendations too.

On this occasion it came up at about £500 for the two of us, but I think that is because most trains were heavily booked and short notice. I will definately look at again in the future though.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bob and pam w, thanks for your help and with reference to paying the difference between original and current cost, I didn't realise that.

I might be a cynic of course, but sounds like just another way to bang on a further easy charge to customers. Would be interesting if ticket price dropped....would they pay you some money back Very Happy Just a rhetorical questions of course as we know the fare won't drop and the name change charge covers them either way rolling eyes

Have just found some tickets about £300 each and have bitten the bullet, however thanks once again for the helpful comments
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy