Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone watching France v Scotland (this is ski related...sort of)!!

Poster: A snowHead
My wife really likes the yellow ski jacket Gaby Logan is wearing and it's her birthday in 2 weeks....but I can't see a logo anywhere, does anyone know what brand it is?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dunno but it looks expensive
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Twitter suggests Canada Goose
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow thanks, looks like you're right, although if it's the Canada Goose one (which it does look like) then it's nearly £500, gulp!!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@vjmehra, it is Canada Goose - I know someone with the same jacket. Try a search http://www.saleparkas.net/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart&number_of_uploads=0 (no idea if you'll get through to 'sold out' on that site so look around).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's only the extra from what you would have paid that you have to think about. Go on she's worth it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Miranda, that site you posted does seem to have it, but its a fraction of the cost of other websites, also the wording is a bit strange in places (i.e. really poor English) and they accept Western Union money transfers....have you used it before, or was it simply a quick Google search?

It may of course be completely legit, but they aren't an authorised dealer according to Canada Goose and whenever something seems to good to be true...

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you sent a rogue link intentionally (and I appreciate you were helping me out here), merely that at a glance the store seems slightly suspect (happy to be corrected if you or anyone else has used them of course, it may simply be that the guys who run it don't speak English as their first language)!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@vjmehra, I did a v quick search (i.e. google image, saw the jacket, sent you first link so less than 30 seconds!) as I'm just looking at SH when I have my intermittent 5 minute breaks from work! Does sound dodgy from what you've written… person I know who has that jacket is not short of a bob or two, so maybe she did spend 500 quid on it… not sure it's worth it personally but still worth doing a thorough search around on outlet sites
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vjmehra, sounds like a site selling fakes (first clue is the dodgy language and second clue is they are not an authorised dealer). It's up to you if you want to take a chance on a product made of inferior materials and construction, or take a chance that they will actually deliver the item you pay for. If it was me, I wouldn't do it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@vjmehra, The site is registered by a chinese operator so may well be selling counterfeit items. Buyer beware!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cool thanks guys, I don't think I'll risk it! Just got to decide if I'm prepared to stump up for the real thing Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@vjmehra, will 500 quid make a significant dent in the bank balance, how will she treasure it for, does it give you bargaining room? I'm a skinflint when it comes to this sort of stuff (totally not criticising people who like nice kit at all by the way!!) but I've just negotiated 2 weeks off work and associated costs to do the summer haute route on the back of how much my husband's cycling obsession costs Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A lot of far Eastern counterfeit items are made in the same factory as the "real" items. They just leave by a different door! Allegedly Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@miranda...well seeing as she got a North Face jacket for Christmas I think we'll hold off and see if it comes up in the end of season sale any cheaper!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bet Kenny didn't buy it for her. He's a Jock so must be tight as Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Ha, I'd wager the BBC pay her a fair bit more than he got in his playing days!
latest report
I got a lovely Haglofs from www.gearpest.com a bargain for £ 125 Really nice bright yellow Like wearing a big hug. It's in their clearance !
snow conditions
c44rver wrote:
A lot of far Eastern counterfeit items are made in the same factory as the "real" items. They just leave by a different door! Allegedly Smile

Well I've never worked in retail, but I've certainly heard the same "alleged" stories from friends who have… although this reminds me of pam w's lovely anecdote about her husband:

Quote:
I commented that I had never seen so many fake handbags. He was puzzled "What do you mean, "fake"? If they're not handbags, what are they?"
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy