Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late April skiing in Solden?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to organise a trip currently but due to restrictions with work the only time we can go is for a week between 10th-20th april.

Trying to keep things on a budget aswell, and i have already priced up what seems to be a really good deal in Solden.
Seems quite a high resort so my questions are, will the snow be good that late in april?

How extensive are the slopes? i have read a few things saying that the ski area is not as big as advertised.
Also does anyone have any other recommendations of cheap skiing that late in April?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there in end of April 2012. It was a long weekend around 20th or something like that. There was no snow in the valley, but enough of it from around 1800m.
The resort was quiet. The weekend I arrived there was some show officially ending the season. After that they closed Gaislachkogl area entirely (although there was enough snow to keep it open until midstation at least), so we were left with the glaciers and everything above Hochsolden. You could actually drive to the glacier.

I also visited Obergurgl where practically whole area was open, including home runs. Together with VT it must be the longest running non-glacier resort in the Alps. On one of my two days there was a massive snowfall. Can't remember exactly, but must have been 30cm or so. No one cared to do anything about it anymore so all pistes, including blues, became huge off-piste ground practically. That was my first season so I knew sh!te about skiing in fresh snow. What a shame if I think about that now. People around obviously seem to have enjoyed it.

On paper Solden has 150km of pistes. It didnt seem that big to me, but that may be because one whole mountain was taken out of service, and valley runs. But if you can throw Obergurgl into the mix (ie. you have a car - not sure about public transport links) it should be enough to keep you entertained for a week. Mind you, there is no linked skipass for both resorts, as far as I'm aware.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy