Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Mercury or new Quest Tech Soles?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just got a new pair of skis and thinking of taking this chance to move off my fritschi freerides and over to dynafit bindings.

I am particularly thinking of the TLT Radical FT.

However my current Salomon Quest boots don't have tech fittings so I need to decide on some new boots.

I initially wanted to get the Black Diamond Factor or one of the Scarpa beefy boots but after hours in the shop they just weren't working with my feet (very wide foot but narrow heel).
I didn't particularly want the Quest but it just worked and has been really comfortable for skiing and touring for the last few years.

So I am wondering how the Dynafit boots measure up as I like the look of the Mercury. Are they typically a narrow fit? If so are they relatively easy to get stretched at the forefoot or is this an issue with the lightweight boots?

The other option is to get the new Salomon Walk soles with a properly engineered tech insert. According to wildsnow's crow bar test these are solid unlike the previous ones.
Since I am real happy with the fit on my Quests this could be a good option.

Anyone on here got the Mercury boots? What sort of fit are they and would you recommend them?
Or anyone got the salomon tech soles? Do they work well with the radicals?
Are there any issues with the fact the soles don't have the quick step in the inserts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ish303, I have Dynafit Mercury boots. I have a narrow heel, very high instep and super wide forefoot. I had the boots fitted professionally: they stretched the toe box to accommodate my wide forefoot and added heel braces to the outside of the liners to better grip my heel (but I only needed the heel braces once the liners packed down).

My previous boots were Garmont Xena. In comparison, the Dynafit Mercury feels stiffer skiing and has a far more comfortable walk/skinning mode. I'm very happy with them but I've never had race boots, nor race fit to my boots, so they seem pretty solid to me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Zero_G, where did you get them fitted?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
At Sole Boot Lab in Chamonix.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy