Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Retour d’Est est toujours en cours dans le Queyras over 2ms !!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did say to the OH two days ago looking at the charts that the phenomenon that is known as "Le Retour d'Est" could well happen, though she just thought I was talking the usual bollox (and so did I) rolling eyes

Last year we were touring in the Queyras when the same weather pattern occurred.

And it's happened again which is great news as that means that's where we'll probably be touring week after next and may well do a road trip down there next week Cool

You don't often see this much snow sitting on a post
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like another Retour D'Est on the cards from next weekend.

Below is for a certain resort in Italy - and the Queyras is not too bad either and from next weekend half price lift passes there Cool

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How long does this Retour d'Est phenomenon usually last for - or is that a "how long is a piece of string question"? We are staying in Vallouise from 21st March and are hoping to head over to the Queyras at some point.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cavegirl99, trouble is you really need to be there during it or the day after the snow fall as this time of year will soon get very heavy, though might depends on how cold it will be overnight on the following days after the snow fall taking out the moisture from the snow.

I have friends coming the 21st and do plan on maybe a day or two down there not least as the lift passes are 50% off then!

Best to look at Abries-Ristolas on snow forecast, but I see already that they have toned things back Sad

There is an amazing difference between Molines En Queyras and Abries and it's not that far between them, but three valleys.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you check out the Cams here in the Queyras - http://www.queyras.com/station-queyras/webcams-meteo and click on the Abries one, which is getting the best of the snow - you can see how much snow has fallen so far today, with more tomorrow - probable road trip for Tuesday to there Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the link - I'll be keeping an eye on it this week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went over to Abries this morning and paid €66 for five lift passes !!

Whilst getting the tickets bumped into a Brit guide I met in Austria a few weeks back with a group of Brits touring. Though think he might have earned his dosh today if he found them good snow for weather was not too good with a very cold wind and thick cloud at altitude and the snow that I thought would be good on the North facing slopes in the trees was rock hard and South facing slopes had not transformed.

We did a few runs clattering around taking the trees down and then the navette back and slowly lower down snow started to soften up. So we stopped off and had a break to wait for snow to transform. It was then I head a light bulb moment, and asked if we could use our lift passes in Molines St Veran, so half an hour later we pulled up in Molines and it was far brighter and snow was doing it's thing and we ended up having a damn fine afternoon.

Saw this bar in Abries and made me smile

And how about this as a holiday home Laughing

http://www.fortqueyras.com/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just what I want for the forthcoming zombie apocalypse (or my sons tell me)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy