Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reverse Walkers Haute Route

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know The Piste at this time of year is about the snowy mountains, but I'm not gnarly enough to do the Skiers Haute Route and I didn't want to stick this in Apres as I wasn't sure who would see it there…

My friend and I are thinking of doing the Walkers Haute Route this summer. We fancy doing it just the two of us, without doing a guided group thing, so we're thinking of not doing the Summer Haute Route but the Walkers one instead. Hopefully she's going to come over and do a couple of 1000m^ hikes round here first before we go and do it, so we could easily do the classic Chamonix-Zermatt… however, we both quite like the idea of finishing in Chamonix and getting picked up by my husband and being brought directly back to the chalet for some creature comforts after 2 weeks of hiking!

Has anyone done the Walkers route? Has anyone done the reverse walkers route? Any cons of doing it Zermatt-Chamonix? I've ordered the classic guide book that seems to be most recommended, and will do some reading up, but I would love to hear some personal feedback from snowHeads if anyone has any. The alternative is to do the Tour de Mont Blanc, which we get a lot of cycling guests doing, and means we can start and finish round here… anyone done both these walking routes? How do they compare?

A lot of questions, I know… Sorry!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 7-02-15 0:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never done it but I believe it was originally done as a walking route by the Alpine Club old guard and done Zermatt - Chamonix.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy