Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do they reply to emails?!

Poster: A snowHead
Sent them an email last week, then a follow-up. Not even an acknowledgement so far. Couple of Ski Club articles they'd done on the British Championships last week had allocated two children to the wrong clubs in the reports, about which their real clubs were somewhat miffed!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've had a quick response from them before about a news article. They probably don't have a formal system for answering emails as part of their business (the same as most businesses to be honest). I'll beep you a personal address to try.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Those listings of results came out in the press release that was sent out to everyone...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, over the last couple of years I've determined a 20-30% likelihood of getting a response to an e-mail to SCGB.
I've always harboured the suspicion that I'd get a better success rate if I was a paid-up member but I've no evidence of this - perhaps a survey is called for Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dolphingirl, Thought so, ifyouski have the same one. To be fair, I've not had a reply from them either! Still, it's not really an excuse - if the facts are wrong, they need changing... It would take their website people 30 secs to do.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm sure they're only sent email by a tiny and unrepresentative minority of their 1.6bn membership.

Here's the position of the editor of the club magazine on email: "you could try sending letters via e-mail, but we might have to set up a special address... and there's a danger that letters might not be spotted immediately... To be honest (and Luddite perhaps) conventional mail has a better chance of being read!"

Looks like you'll have to put pen to paper, PG...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hey, DavidS, I think you're being very harsh here! The editor of the club mag has made a real effort to get some feedback from people, he's written a load of lengthy responses to members comments, and you only quote him in a negative sense on him pointing out that if poss it would be safer to send a letter!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Matthew Clarkson, Still, when there is a factual error in information put in the public domain, no matter how trivial it might appear to the publishers, it is only common courtesy to acknowledge a contact promptly and to respond by making the necessary modifications.

I emailed the Ski Club on April 5th, nine days ago now, and sent them a copy in the early hours of the 7th.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, I agree with you completely. I was only commenting that I felt it slightly harsh to quote the mag editor in the same context as this thread when he's actively gone out of his way to get some feedback and respond to it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Matthew - maybe it is harsh - but I think there is something quite wrong about the Club's editor complaining on the one hand about lack of feedback ("We get pathetically few letters - sometimes none for weeks. So how about it, fellow members? We want to hear from you.") but resisting correspondence by email ("conventional mail has a better chance of getting read").
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've e-mailed Laura Z. and SCGB Wink a few times and always had a response. Following MO day I did send a letter with actual paper and stuff and got a 'placeholder' response by letter.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thirteen days and counting! Any suggestions as to where I could send a follow-up message? There's only a catchall address on the site...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ian Hopkinson, ah U see! You're a member aren't u Ian? I'll hazzard a guess it works along the same lines as the reps - non-members will be entitled to expect one 'guest' response to a communication whereas members have the priviledge of being answered every day (assuming their writting ability is up to the standard of that day's group).
Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wasn't a member and e-mailed Laura about 3 times, about the abismal behaviour of the city folk at the City Ski Champs in Courmayeur (the ski club report said what a great success etc it was - the locals couldn't wait to see the back of them!), a better way to organise the forum (i.e. new software etc) and then lastly about being locked out from the forums on that fateful day. I got a prompt and courteious reply to all of them!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Could you PM me with the email address you used?
ski holidays
Can any snowHead give me a different address to the standard skiers@..... one?? Please?!
snow report
if it is web related you could try mailing Laura direct (PM me for her address)

DG - hope you don't mind but we've altered this slightly - Piste Patrol
snow conditions
D G Orf, It is, indirectly, many thanks.

Good to see you posting again! You've got a bit of catching up to do!
snow report
I've used both of those and got replys.
ski holidays
Yes! It works! I got a reply in 5 minutes flat. But.....
it was an automated, out-of-office one. rolling eyes
snow conditions
I had an enormously long and detailed reply to my complaint about never finding a rep at the previous 3 resorts we went to. However I was assured that the club were always right, I hadn't found the rep because I hadn't looked hard enough, I turned up too late and the hotels were inefficient. I was disappointed that the club knew they didn't make mistakes and hence weren' even going to offer the tiniest suggestion of apology.
latest report
Have to give them some credit (ref. original post). Laura reponded as soon as she was back, and has already made the amendments on the site. Apparently the emails sent to skiers@.... never got to her.
snow conditions
Jane L, I have to say that I've never failed to find the rep in any of the resorts I've been to. So for you was it a case of the rep just not turning up?
latest report
I too failed to find the rep a couple of times - probably my fault etc. Maybe they should carry a mobile phone to avoid similar mishaps...
snow report
DavidS, I dropped a note in the feedback-on-reps' section in the members' forum that I thought a local sim card should be in the reps' pack.
snow conditions
Piste Patrol note - this post has been edited to remove a "live" email address (thanks davidof, hope you don't mind)
Looks like it is spam and viruses ahoy for Laura now.
ski holidays
David S, there is a contact number for the rep on the Programme (posted around the resort normally), and on the Ski Club web-site - this is for the bar used during the social hour; a few people got hold of me from this when I was repping. I also posted my mobile number and gave it to those who asked; however this will always be a personal choice as the cost is not covered by the club - contrary to popular opinion, we're not all rich!

Nick's suggestion would make it easier.
ski holidays
The bar number is great - except when you're at the rendez-vous point, and no-one else is there. Obviously, though, reps shouldn't have to pay for any mobile calls...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For two weeks the Ski clubs Summer snow reports were wrong. I have tried to inform them of this but you just get no reply at all.
It is the same when you send pics to the gallery.......a lot of them never appear!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy