Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

microfibre piste map - wipe out

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Other half has just shown me a piste map printed on microfibre which manufacturer claims makes it waterproof, tearproof, unable to fold wrong and less likely to blow away. And can be used as glasses cloth

She says her friend used one in Les Arcs and thought it was good.

I don't have one to look at. Am headed to Ellmau in March.

I am dubious what the print quality will be like.. Anyone got any experience? Useful or gimmick?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got one for PDS, it's pretty good. Not just a gimmick, although it's obviously not updated every year like a printed one is!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only half-gimmick. If you need a glasses cloth (and don't mind the expense), then fine, why not? If you don't then just pick up a free paper one that's a bigger size and replace it if it gets torn.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got one; it's seriously the best glasses cleaning cloth I've ever had. I use it at home a lot, and as a bonus it reminds me of skiing!

Piste map quality is very good. Just as good as a paper map.

I got mine from a guy in a restaurant in Val d'Isere. He was 'given it at the chalet but didn't want it' so did we want it. I found out later they're pretty pricey. He must have been staying in a fancy chalet!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow-forecast.com used to do them. just had a quick look but couldn't find them immediately. always thought they'd be handy and heard they were actually pretty good for goggle care from a couple of folk.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Edge and Wax do them for about £8 each. I think they're great, main advantage being that you can just stuff them in a pocket without attempting a windy sub zero krypton factor trying to fold it first!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here there are free paper maps available in many places throughout the resort. Also there are loads of bill board style big maps near lift stations. There are also electronic maps that give additional information (pistes/lifts open, temps, avalanche risk etc). In the restaurants the self service trays also have the resort map on.

I still see people using these hanky maps every day.

Me, I navigate using the laws of gravity.....what goes up, must come down.....I can do science Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grazzenger wrote:
snow-forecast.com used to do them. just had a quick look but couldn't find them immediately. always thought they'd be handy and heard they were actually pretty good for goggle care from a couple of folk.

https://shop.snow-forecast.com/accessories/pistemaps-lens-cloths
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have several. They're really good quality and great for cleaning goggles/sunglasses
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The only thing I can read without glasses are the big boards. Fortunately my memory has yet to deteriorate to the extant of my eyesight so I can get around OK.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mayr wrote:
Here there are free paper maps available in many places throughout the resort. Also there are loads of bill board style big maps near lift stations. There are also electronic maps that give additional information (pistes/lifts open, temps, avalanche risk etc). In the restaurants the self service trays also have the resort map on.

I still see people using these hanky maps every day.

Me, I navigate using the laws of gravity.....what goes up, must come down.....I can do science Happy
ah but you are in the Tirol, where they do everything well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@biddpyat, correct....are you coming over again this season?.....ya know ya really want to!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mayr wrote:

And Newtons Law 4b : he who goes down (wrong path) must come (back) up (carrying skis)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have a couple of these. Unfortunately we never got to use the one for St Anton in December as there wasn't enough terrain open to consult it! We have now bought one for Arabba and surrounding resorts and will be trying it out over half-term. The quality is good and it is easy to read. The whole range is available here - http://wipe-out.eu/

You also get a free microfibre glasses case at the moment to celebrate their 5th birthday.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bought one as a Christmas present for my husband and was really impressed with the quality, so much so that have bought another two for friends.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy